5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Hi just tested this. I converted my campaign from 1.5.1 to this version with the launcher. Found some issues:
    -very long load time (but i noticed quite a long load time with the previous version too)
    -each time i try to roll critical damage (either for a player or npc) fg freezes and quits with a fantasygrounds.exe has stopped working error.
    -When entering a new power manually, if i type something into the source field fg freezes with a fantasygrounds.exe has stopped working error.
    edit: seems like there is something wrong with my fg/campaign because every time i hold down shift it crashes... i am testing if the issues persist with a new campaign.
    When starting a new campaign everything works like a charm.
    Last edited by meathome; January 30th, 2010 at 08:47.

Meathome, did you back up your campaign before converting? If so, please send me a PM so that I can get a copy to review.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    * Modifier font cutoff. I'm not seeing the fonts getting cut off on my end. Are you using one of the themes? Or can you send me a screenshot?
    Your right, it was a theme. The non-themed works fine. Screenshot of Dungeon attached.
    Metal = OK
    Wood = Not noticeable, only the very bottom of the "g"
    Dungeon = Truncate (possibly making the font size smaller?)
    None = OK

Also, as mentioned, it does take a lot of time to load. I was writing it off to my PC being slow (which, well, it's an Atom .

The load times vary considerably, but it seems to be based on how much data you are loading.

If I start a campaign with no modules loaded, then it comes up very quickly. Once I open all of the rulebooks I allow (DMG, PHB, MM, DMG2, PHB2, MM2, AV, AV2), it takes quite a while to load. If you want the game to load faster, you can trim the modules you have open.

Another big data situation is tokens. All of the tokens available are loaded into memory when FG starts. I have a full set of the original Digital Adventures tokens, and I think that affects my load time as well. You should make sure that your shared token directory is very minimal, and should review your host directory. I think the modules contribute to this as well, especially if you have a token linked to every MM entry, which I do.

Regards,
    JPG

Ok maybe i'm retarded but I can't figure out where to download the test version of this rule set? I'd like to help, I have a game scheduled for tomorrow after noon, and for tuesday night, but I can't seem to find it :P

Ashodin, remember that this is a test version and that you may encounter problems during the testing, including a few minor bugs that have already been identified. Just a heads up before you dive in with 2 back-to-back game days.

There is a link to a thread about using Test Mode Manager application in the first post of this thread, as well as a link to the release notes for the 4E v2 ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

Dually noted, I will probably test this after noons game since it's just two of us, and then if everything seems to run smoothly enough for the way we use it, then I'll play around with it tuesday night.

I guess i'll just wait until the final release of the ruleset, for some reason when I click on "test" it switches right back to "releas" oh well.

Thanks so much for the new ruleset! I have run into two small problems that I'm not sure if it's me or the ruleset, but I was able to work around them:

PC sheet:

* On the Main tab of the Mini Sheet for a PC, I was unable to drag the attack die for any of the weapons to the combat tracker/chat window; it just drags the entire Mini Sheet around.

Options:

* "Remove effect on save success" is set to off, but still removing the effect.

That's it so far, thanks again!
    Last edited by Eru the One; February 2nd, 2010 at 04:26.

Eru,

Are you using the Remove Effect on Save Success option set to off?

It seems that I wrote this option out of the code with all the enhancements I did to the saves over the development. I'm considering taking out the option, and just leaving the "on" behavior as the default.

Saving throws apply to effects in this order:
    * If save made by auto-save, then use that effect.
    * If save dragged from save mod of effect in CT, then use that effect.
    * If only one effect has save expiration, apply to that effect.
    * Otherwise, just print message.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information