5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Gauging Interest in Revenge of the Giants (D&D 4E)...

Greetings Gamers,

I have been considering DMing the published module Revenge of the Giants and am testing the waters for community interest. I am looking for 4-6 mature players. I have been DMing games on FG since the release of 4E and have been playing D&D for much longer. I am in my mid-30's and play for fun.

My availability is 8:30pm-11:30pm ET (GMT-5), preferably on Sundays. Other nights might be feasible, but this would be a weekly late night game. A solid grasp of 4E rules is necessary, but you don't have to be a rules expert. Players new to FG are welcome. The adventure should take an estimated 6 months to complete (levels 12-18).

Since this is a published module, I want to emphasize a few points about the game experience...

• The story arc is fairly linear.
      Players seeking an open-ended campaign built around their specific character motivations might find this game a poor fit.
    • The plot hooks leave much to be desired.
      Consider it a viable reason for you to be involved in the adventure, nothing more. Those who maintain high standards for plot hooks might find this aspect of the game largely unsatisfying.
    • The adventure is combat-heavy.
      But it does include some non-combat encounters and a structured plot. A basic character personality or motivation to add flavor is encouraged.

Reply to this thread if you are interested.

Cheers,
    Z
    Last edited by leozelig; January 21st, 2010 at 23:47.

I'd love to play. I think my schedule will work especially if it's a lat night game. I sometimes have to work til 9pm central time.

Todd

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thudar
    I'd love to play. I think my schedule will work especially if it's a lat night game. I sometimes have to work til 9pm central time.

Todd
    Todd,

If you can make it at the regular time most weeks, then I am alright with that. We can discuss which day and time works best for everyone before we start.

The game will probably not start for a couple weeks. I want to avoid the usual situation in which a new game fills quickly, and players who don't happen to be on the forums for a couple days can't get in. Always frustrating...

So far, things look good, but more are needed. I will post regularly with updates during the next several days...

Z
    Last edited by leozelig; January 21st, 2010 at 23:48.

Blog Entries
    I use Ventrilo for my games, so a mic is strongly recommended but not essential. You can still listen to the voice chat without a mic. I find that Ventrilo greatly improves the flow of combat.

I use miniatures tokens and have several portraits available if you need one. I have library modules with feats, powers, etc to facilitate character building. I do not use Hamachi. We will plan a test run sometime before the first game to download files and grab the maps.

I will use a website for announcements, adventure summary, and experience/treasure totals. I'll probably use obsidian portal or create a google group for this.
    Last edited by leozelig; January 21st, 2010 at 23:22.

if u decide on another night other than Sundays i would be willing to play, my best nights r Saturdays and Mondays
    GMT -5 (EST)

Blog Entries
    Ok, Raz...

I am fairly flexible with the game night. I can't do Friday or Saturday nights.

For any other potential players... Let me know if you are interested but not available on Sunday nights (and which nights you are available).

Z

If you still got room I would be interested in playing.

Blog Entries
    So far I have heard from 4-5 potential players, including mekage... some of those have expressed interest in other games as well, so we'll see.

If you are interested, post here.

Interested

I would be interested in joining

i can also do Thursday nights if that works better for other people
    GMT -5 (EST)

Thread Information