5E Character Create Playlist
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    All I can think of is that you have another version somewhere on your computer that is being picked up. When you create a new campaign and select "Osric" do you see "Release: 1.44" in the description box? The following is what I see:

Trenloe...i am seeing what you see. i only have one version downloaded and placed in the Rulesets folder. i also reinstalled FGII for good measure, with the results being the same.

Press the setting button and see that you're running "Live" not test or dev.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

had not needed to do this with other Rulesets, but i unzipped and extracted it in the Rulesets folder and it now seems to be working. thanks all for the help!

I'm having a problem understanding the encumbrance that seems to be automated.

I believe the OSRIC rules have the encumbrance levels of 35#, 70#, 105# and 150 (unencumbered, light, medium and heavy load).

I understand that increasing or decreasing your strength automatically adjusts values that are shown on the inventory tab.

At a strength score of 8, should I be seeing 35# 70# 105# 150# ?

Thanks,

Rook
    Last edited by Rook; April 3rd, 2013 at 00:13.

I recalled something about an "encumbrance fix" earlier in the thread, but this post is over a year old - don't know if it was ever integrated into the ruleset so you might give it a try.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&postcount=76

Thanks for replying opusaug.

I was worrying that everyone died.

Complete noob here taking my baby steps...

If I use Manage Characters on this ruleset to create a new character, I get the following:

Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:reset_button"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:strength"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:64: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/template_modifiernumber.lua"]:60: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/stringcontrolmenu.lua"]:40: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/template_linkednumber.lua"]:64: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/charsheet_setweapon.lua"]:202: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/stringcontrolmenu.lua"]:40: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:damagedice"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "charsheet_main:damagebonus"]:1: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/template_basictohitscore.lua"]:182: attempt to index a nil value
    Script Error: [string "scripts/template_tohitscore.lua"]:107: attempt to index a nil value
    If I ignore the errors and try to use the sheet to create the character, it doesn't save, but there's a blank character sheet in the Character Selection window.

Thinking there might be more than one way to skin a manticore, I created a new campaign and had no trouble creating the character there. But there doesn't seem to be any way to export it from that campaign so I can pass it to the GM for his game. Am I missing something?

opusaug

The Export function is not incorporated in this (old) ruleset. You can copy paste your db caracter to your DM, that's the only way.
    And no, I've not updated the ruleset with the encumbrance fix. But, you can

Ah, I see the character now in the db.xml file, thanks!

opusaug

What are your plans Rule of Three?

I think you said that you were working on an upgrade to the ruleset.

Can you comment as to what you hope the next version will incorporate?

Rook

Thread Information