STAR TREK 2d20

GMT CoC game - seeking interest

I am looking to gauge interest in Call of Cthulhu (Chaosium rules with CoC add-on from Digital Adventures). Possibly running a few preliminary scenarios leading into Shadows of Yog Sothoth before we ultimately run into Masks, which will be starting as soon after the release of the Masks Companion as can be arranged. As Masks begins with 1925, so we'll be starting a few year prior to this, say in late 1921

I have one player already interested and another who'd love to play, but cannot commit to regular gaming due to his professional commitments. So I'm looking for a minimum of three more investigators, hopefully another five, maybe up to seven. Any more and it becomes cumbersome - is there an upper limit on the number of player the programme can handle - or does it depend on connection speed, computer spec. etc?

Looking to get a few 'floating' licences when they are released - so you may not even need to own FG. (But chances are you will - otherwise you won't be reading this!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cearlan
    ...but cannot commit to regular gaming due to his professional commitments...
    I know where he's coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Cearlan
    So I'm looking for a minimum of three more investigators, hopefully another five, maybe up to seven. Any more and it becomes cumbersome - is there an upper limit on the number of player the programme can handle - or does it depend on connection speed, computer spec. etc?
    I've found as a GM, 4 is the ideal number, with 6 being the max. Too many and the chat can get cumbersome.

Don't think there's an upper limit, I've not noticed an increase in dropped connections between 4 and 6 players.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Hmm

Would Masks be too hard for 4 investigators though ... I could always dumb it down to an appropriate level I suppose.

Hey Cearlan,
    When you get this game up and running, I would be interested in being one of the investigators. I have been playing PBP for a year or so now... although new to Virtual Tabletop I am very eager to learn! So as you are considering running a few preliminary scenarios, this to me seems like the ideal opportunity to do so.
    I already have a lite licence... so if you'll have me, then I'm ready to go when you are... hope to hear from you soon.
    DeeJ

Thread Information