STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yep,

I remember Star Frontiers very well Metamorphosis Alpha is an old game, but it is still around. Being able to port it to a virtual tabletop would be a wonderful facility for our players

Craig J. Brain

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_h
    We ended up playing Star Frontiers instead (cause I found that one), but I might have to snag this and take a peek now.
    I hope you enjoy what you find Obviously I love the game, but I am biased

Craig J. Brain

Hi All!

Now for a different question. I have an adventure module all set to go (got a few actually). I have artwork in the pipeline and once it arrives, I will be ready to assign an ISBN and print it. How difficult is it to convert such a module to FGII?

It has text boxes for what the players see, it has all kinds of extra info for the characters to find. It's a single story building with about 15 or so rooms and a dozen robots and mutants for the characters to encounter.

If you have a copy of the Full licence, you should find it quite straightforward. Start a new campaign using your ruleset, and add the story entries, maps, images, and NPCs, then use the /export command to create a module using that material.

For some more complex stuff, you may need to get your hands dirty in the exported XML after the event, but it doesn't sound like that applies to your project.

Of course, you need a ruleset first...

Foen

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    If you have a copy of the Full licence, you should find it quite straightforward. Start a new campaign using your ruleset, and add the story entries, maps, images, and NPCs, then use the /export command to create a module using that material.

For some more complex stuff, you may need to get your hands dirty in the exported XML after the event, but it doesn't sound like that applies to your project.

Of course, you need a ruleset first...

Foen
    Been talking to Doug Davidson about that

Thanks for the explanation.

Craig J. Brain

Well, it looks like we are on! I am one very happy camper and have created a topic on our forums to discuss this. Please click on the link in my signature and join our forums for access. Happy to also talk here.

Any News?

Hi Doug!

Any news on this project?

Craig J. Brain

Well,

It's been five years, so it's no scoop that we didn't get this off the ground. Just couldn't get the interest at the time. Still, that's a fair time ago and a lot has changed. We've had Goodman Games on the scene now, with the release of the massive kickstarter for a large print hardcover of the book with new content. About a dozen or so modules and expansions and now we have the possibility of an Epsilon City boxed set (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...a-epsilon-city)!

For those of you interested, please feel free to join in discussion and see if we can build interest in getting Metamorphosis Alpha onto Fantasy Grounds here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MetamorphosisAlphaRPG/. With some of the talented artists and writers that Goodman Games have provided, and Jim Ward's classic, simple rules, this could be great if we can pull it off.

As an Australian gamer, I would love nothing more than to be able to play a game of Metamorphosis Alpha with friends in Perth, Adelaide and Jim Ward in the US all in the same session. I could see that happening with Fantasy Grounds II.

Regards,

Craig J. Brain
    WardCo.
    Last edited by [email protected]; August 8th, 2015 at 15:10.

Blog Entries
    Awesome, I would love to see this on Fantasy Grounds!

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Awesome, I would love to see this on Fantasy Grounds!
    I am going to keep plugging away at this to see if we can get enough interest.

Craig J. Brain
    WardCo.

Thread Information