5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 9 of 44 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Saw someone post about the possibility of contacting Margaret Weiss Productions, but never saw any reply. Seconding the motion to bring them on-board if we can; I'd love to see a conversion of their Serenity ruleset.

This is great! I really like the idea, some day... once upon a time, I'll want to get involved with this somehow... till then, I'll just be one of the contributing members that helps by purchasing content.

zWolf
    Thanks,

zwolf -out.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ||| Worlds first Purchaser of the Ultimate License |||
    the proof post - :-P
    -------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    I updated the list with a few new completed conversion dates. You can look for the ones from March 2010, including some more Daring Tales of Adventure, Daring Tales of Chivalry, Sundered Skies and Sundered Skies Figure Flats.

Does anyone know the situation with the Runequest module development ? I see that Foen has completed his work on the BRP module, and from what I recall he was also involved in the Call of Cthulhu module, but also see that he is no longer planning to work on Runequest.

Is this still true ? If so, might there be scope for other developers to move this forward ? I guess my current reservations about taking on such a task is my of the BRP work probably intersects with this project, so it would be a lot more effort for me to begin any work on it, compared to Foen simply expanding on the BRP work he has done.

I'm pretty pleased with the Runequest II ruleset so far as a GM, and would love to be able to bring this into the Fantasy Grounds space.

Blog Entries
    Foen was planning on doing the BRP-based systems as extensions to BRP, I believe, but he wanted to take a hiatus from building rulesets for a while. If you have the technical capacity and diligence to build a large extension, then we would welcome you as a volunteer for Runequest. I don't want to speak for Foen, but I would guess that he would be willing to answer a question or two from time to time just as long as it doesn't end up with him doing a large share of the work. Otherwise, he would probably just finish it himself.

The BRP ruleset is complete and fully tested and just waiting on final approval from the publisher, Chaosium.

I think I have the skills and diligence to take on some large scale Fantasy Grounds coding, and have been intending to reserve some time toward a new coding or digital content task for a while. The fact you've covered the legal side of this makes it sound like a promising project.

But that said, it's probably best to wait until I have a copy of the BRP ruleset to make a good guess at what level of extension is required for the new Runequest rules, and also for Mongoose to release the PDF copy of the rulebook to import the information from (I currently have a hard copy). Best not to bit off more than I can chew, and it's already clear this won't be a small task by any means.

Foen, any input (or dire warnings) you can offer would be highly welcomed too !

Regards,
    Ben (phantomwhale)

Blog Entries
    The status of the BRP ruleset was updated and a few items were added for those wanting to produce official BRP products and extensions based on it.

-Doug

Just a couple of questions

What is the status of the Paizo and the Pathfinder Ruleset? I know Lone Wolf Studio has something for them for their character creation software - Hero Lab. The thing is that that info can be imported to d20 Pro, so I wonder if that is where a delay if any is coming in?

Anyone doing anything with Twilight 2000/2013 or anything with the OSR stuff like Labyrinth Lord, OSRIC, Mutant Future, etc. on an official basis?
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Blog Entries
    I posted to another thread about the Pathfinder ruleset but it should probably go here as well. Paizo has informed us that not having native Mac support is a deal breaker for allowing us to carry their products. They don't believe that running via Wine is adequate to remedy the situation, although they did say that their lawyers were working out a way for us to support Pathfinder in a limited sense. Needless to say, I am disappointed with the news and I hope they will reconsider -- or we will come across some easy way to port things over to Mac.

Thanks D. That's too bad about Paizo and Pathfinder. I do wonder if they'd allow distribution of their Game Mastery Stuff like their Game Mats, Paper-Minis, Gamer Mastery Cards, potentially could be used in the same way Gaming Token Packs or the Oone's maps.
    Fantasy Grounds II Ultimate License Holder
    Castles & Crusades Ruleset
    Savage Worlds Deluxe Ruleset
    Mutants & Masterminds 3e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons 5e Ruleset
    Pathfinder 1e Ruleset
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics - AD&D 1e/2e Ruleset
    Dungeon Crawl Classics Ruleset
    Swords & Wizardry Ruleset

Currently Running: S&W Complete (Blackscale Lagoon)

Thread Information