STAR TREK 2d20
Page 37 of 44 First ... 273536373839 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    If Smiteworks ever did get the rights could they not start with the existing community rule sets for warhammer? From what i’ve read it is going to be very similar to 2nd edition.
    SmiteWorks dont have the resources to develop additional rulesets outside their core ones (5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 3.5e and CoreRPG and the less well supported Numenera) so it will either be done by a community developer or not at all...

Hi Everyone,

I just used Fantasy Grounds II on native OS X last night and loved it!

Metamorphosis Alpha has had a lot of development over the past three years, especially MA1e, thanks to Goodman Games. Extra mutations, equipment and adventures would be a terrific addition to the range of games that FG II supports.

How much would it cost to develop the basic 32 page book, initially?

Is there an interest in doing this?

Thanks,

Craig J.Brain
    WardCo.

Hi Morbius welcome to FG.

As I understand the position at this time Goodman Games have not given permission for any of their material to have an FG version.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Zacchaeus,

Thanks for the response. Jim Ward owns the copyright for Metamorphosis Alpha and the original 32 page book. I'll ask Jim about the original rules and see if we could at least do that.

Thanks,

Craig J. Brain
    WardCo.

Blog Entries
    Adding the 32 page book in as reference material is quite do-able.
    Creating a ruleset is quite a lot harder.
    Smiteworks only develop their core/headline rulesets - 5e, Pathfinder, 3.5e/4e, Numenera and CoreRPG.
    All other rulesets are done by an independent community programmer.

Typically the cost is:

% split of sales to FG
    % split of sales to Publisher
    % split of sales to Developer

or the same as above plus an upfront fee for the development

Smaller/niche game systems will not experience anywhere near the sales the 5e does so attracting a developer is the hard part.

Please start a new thread and explain the core mechanics of the system and we can see what might be involved.

Is there any word on the progress of the Traveller Ruleset? And also, has anyone reached out towards the author of Stars without Number? He released a new version of the RPG recently. Would be a solid addition to FG.
    Last edited by Arthreas; January 30th, 2018 at 11:25.
    Currently running Storm Kings Thunder in Roll20 and Out of the Abyss in Fantasy Grounds. Great fun to be had. Love my friends and enjoying D&D 5e. Ultimate License Holder.

Blog Entries
    I think last year Stars Without Number would have been better timing. With Starfinder about to hit there is only so much room for smaller genres... just my thoughts...

I guess so. I wonder if they'd mind someone doing a community conversion? Regardless, looking forward to starfinder and hoping traveller comes along as well, I see that it's being worked on by Colin Richardson.
    Currently running Storm Kings Thunder in Roll20 and Out of the Abyss in Fantasy Grounds. Great fun to be had. Love my friends and enjoying D&D 5e. Ultimate License Holder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthreas View Post
    I guess so. I wonder if they'd mind someone doing a community conversion? Regardless, looking forward to starfinder and hoping traveller comes along as well, I see that it's being worked on by Colin Richardson.
    Game mechanics can not be copyrighted or restricted. So you can always do a community ruleset. But, the content, the Product Identity names, verbatim text for class/ability/items etc can and are protected. So you could put together a community ruleset and distribute that, but not the "books" or content.

There are quite a few community rulesets that follow this model.

But I would also suggest you look to MoreCore for something that can get you the character sheets and die rolls most any game needs.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm interested in working on a conversion of Paranoia! I see it is on the list, but what is the process to get approval to move forward? I know it isn't the original version (played it in my teens and loved it) but this version is fun and the cards add a unique twist to the game.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thread Information