Starfinder Playlist
Page 29 of 44 First ... 19272829303139 ... Last
    Are modules with tables only alright? Assuming they are not from published materials?

I'm about a third to a half of the way through "Call of Cthulhu: The Great Old Ones," just in case anyone else is working on this. Just two questions, and I apologise if this has been answered previously, but I trawled though the first 15 or so pages and couldn't find an answer.

Firstly, do I need to do anything regarding permissons for copyright or not seeing as this was included in the second post in this thread?

Secondly, do I have to use the artwork, especially character portraits, as published or would it be acceptable to use "real pictures as tokens?"

Blog Entries
    heya Cearlan you will need to send an email to [email protected]

I find it hard to believe that 4th ed is played by that many people. I bought the basic books and read them, playtested them, then gave them to a consignment store to sell for me as no one would even look at them online for half the cover price. The consignment store still has had no one buy them. So why I believe they may have sold that many copies, I do not believe that many are still playing. It is in my list of the worst rules set I have ever played, (list includes The Morrow Project, & The Arduin Grimores), in 40 years of gaming.
    It is utter trash. It is the reason that Pathfinder has taken the lead in the genre. I have also purchased the 5th ed basic books and am only slightly less disappointed. It has some potential, but thanks to 4th ed I can not even find anyone who will playtest it.
    I just want to say; I love the setting for The Morrow Project and it can be played, but it is very complicated. To the point that most folks have no interest in it. I use GDWs Twilight 2000/2013 rules for it. I am slowly writing the parts that are needed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hale View Post
    I find it hard to believe that 4th ed is played by that many people. I bought the basic books and read them, playtested them, then gave them to a consignment store to sell for me as no one would even look at them online for half the cover price. The consignment store still has had no one buy them. So why I believe they may have sold that many copies, I do not believe that many are still playing. It is in my list of the worst rules set I have ever played, (list includes The Morrow Project, & The Arduin Grimores), in 40 years of gaming.
    It is utter trash. It is the reason that Pathfinder has taken the lead in the genre. I have also purchased the 5th ed basic books and am only slightly less disappointed. It has some potential, but thanks to 4th ed I can not even find anyone who will playtest it.
    I just want to say; I love the setting for The Morrow Project and it can be played, but it is very complicated. To the point that most folks have no interest in it. I use GDWs Twilight 2000/2013 rules for it. I am slowly writing the parts that are needed.
    And yet the rest of the role playing world may have a different view to our own.
    5% of games on FG (and similar numbers on roll20 too I might add) are 4e. 5%? Not much you might think. Thats 5th place on Fantasy Grounds (and 4th on roll20).
    And 5e has almost half the entire market all to itself.

Blog Entries
    It saddens me that C&C isn't more popular. It's a great system.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    You're missing info for two slices of the smaller pie graph
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    You're missing info for two slices of the smaller pie graph
    I think the big one is Call of Cthulhu but no idea what the little one is...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Agreed. I've been doing my hardest to add as much content as quickly, alas time is not my friend (in fact, she hates me atm).

Still, should get Secrets of San Francisco completed, and then soon after some Dead Light....
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information