FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 26 of 44 First ... 16242526272836 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    I've played Hero Kids with my 5-year-old, and he seemed to really enjoy it! He asked to play, though...
    You guys have convinced me. My girl's a smart wee lass, I'm sure she'll enjoying playing Adventure Time for real

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    You guys have convinced me. My girl's a smart wee lass, I'm sure she'll enjoying playing Adventure Time for real
    Excellent!

Another young mind corrupted forever - hail to the gods of RPG!!!

Oh, and BTW, its nice to see a fellow OOTS-lover
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hi friends,
    I´ve read in older posts that an official gumshoe-trail of cthulhu ruleset was in the works. I´m planning to run the new Dracula Dossier campaign, but it have too much work to do to expland the "things-to-do" list with additional ruleset-extension modifications and parsing stuff.
    Is by any chance the ruleset still in the works?
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    There is a community version of the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset which is pretty good. I ran a session at FGCon7 using it. The official version is very much based on this one with some improvements and a full library. Unfortunately ill health has currently stopped development of that ruleset. Hoping things turn better for you soon Scott!

Thanks much for the response, damned (and hope Scott gets better)
    I´ll try to finish my NBA-Dracula Unredacted theme, and start entering the data for it. It´s coming really nice, but it needs some extra work

I noticed some adventure modules for sale on the FG web store marked as '5e Compatible'. Is that now a category which allows development of adventure modules and campaigns for use with the WOTC 5e rules, and if so, where can I find a list of do's and don'ts to allow development of FG materials for public sale based on "compatible" 5e rulesets? Or is this just something that the publishers of those materials online have brokered separately with WOTC?

Follow up question... for someone who plays mostly in the WOTC product arena, what would be the closest game-mechanic wise "open" system recommended. OGL for 3.5/4e, or just work with the Core RPG system in FG and develop the content for that instead?

Talking long range goals here, but just wondering what the learning curve is going to be to start making salable, distributable modules since I'm spending so much time setting up games in FG for my own crew, anyway.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    This is an ongoing area we are exploring. The current publishers, and a few others are known publishers who have produced compatible works for Pathfinder and other systems and they are fluent in the requirements of producing compatible products that adhere to all copyright laws. These products are all available in print and/or PDF already and were not built specifically for Fantasy Grounds. We don't yet have any guidance for people who want to produce their own content and we want to avoid putting ourselves in a position where we are essentially telling people what is okay and what is not. For now, we plan to limit 5E compatible products in the store to those other companies who have done the due diligence and who have chosen to move forward under a strict set of requirements. They have essentially assumed that risk as a company that they've done everything properly. We would not want to assume the risk by expanding this to non-corporate entities at this time. Hopefully there will be some additional guidance released by Wizards of the Coast before long that will help make it easier for us to expand this further.

Thanks for the quick reply. I figured it was something like that. I'll just keep watching this thread, then, and keep my fingers crossed.

What is the etiquette and rights management like when converting existing copyrighted works that are for sale as PDFs or on dead tree versions? I just bought The Curse of Nineveh for CoC as PDF, and will convert it for own use. But would be great for the community to get it out to everyone respecting everyone's IP rights.

Should I contact the publisher Cubicle7 myself, or ask FG devs to do that?

Thread Information