DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 44 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    There is a whole list in the first few posts here.

I am on the lookout for some juicy settings myself to do after All for One - Régime Diabolique is release (unfortunately Wiggy has updated none of the other AFO material for Savage Worlds - it's all Ubiquity ).

Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    I am still up for converting any Savage Worlds Adventures/Modules/Resources, if anyone has suggestions.
    Non-Savage Worlds stuff I could be persuaded on I think...I just dont do code...so no rulesets.

I'd like to inquire about Palladium. Palladium fantasy to be exact, but their rule system is pretty universal across all their games. Is it possible to make a Palladium fantasy ruleset? Has it already been done? If so, where can I find it? I thank you for your time.

Blog Entries
    We had a good conversation with someone at Palladium several years back. I think the biggest challenge resulted in the state of the PDFs they had available. Most of their library was not in a clean digital format that would make conversion easy.

Hmmm, with the new "Digital Age" and all, maybe things have changed. It might be worth talking to them again.

Hello Doug,

I wanted to ask if there is any consideration of working with Valve on integration of Steam Workshop and their desire to build out a system to allow for paid community created content. I figured this would probably be the best thread to bring this up in since it's all about user created content. As you may be aware Valve garnered a pretty big backlash of immaturity with their attempt to bring this functionality to The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim community with paid mods support for the Skyrim Workshop. I believe that Fantasy Grounds on the other hand would prove to be a great fit for paid content support in the Steam Workshop for a couple reasons. First, I believe that the target audience for Fantasy Grounds tends to be a little more mature in their thought process so as to not have such an emotionally driven response. Secondly, this community seems to be much more appreciative for those who create things that enable or empower their gaming, and are thus more willing to pay for that content.

There would obviously be a little more complexity involved as you would be adding Valve to the revenue share, as well as needing to work with the many publishers to modify their contracts to allow such a system. You would be much better equipped to determine if the draw from Steam support would be worth the effort as you have your sales data from Steam vs direct sales for Fantasy Grounds itself. Another thing to consider is what type of content could be made available via a system like Steam Workshop. This could be a fairly big change with the move over to Unity as there is the potential for things such as 3d miniatures (tokens), map tile objects, etc. There are plenty of people on Steam who do great work with 3d modeling who would probably like to create things such as these even if they didn't plan on playing via Fantasy Grounds. I'll leave it at that as I'm sure you are perfectly capable of researching this and making a sound decision if it's something that might work out. If you do end up talking to Valve regarding this I'd love to get an update on it.

Thanks again for all the work you guys do at SmiteWorks.
    -PopinFRESH

REF:
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/aboutpaidcontent
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...aymentinfofaq/

Quote Originally Posted by PopinFRESH View Post
    I wanted to ask if there is any consideration of working with Valve on integration of Steam Workshop...
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/.../?appid=252690
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe,

"...and their desire to build out a system to allow for paid community created content." was more of the question, however, I wasn't aware of the initial work on Steam Workshop support in the first place so thanks for that link! I'll keep an eye on that page for more info.

Thanks again,
    -PopinFRESH

Quote Originally Posted by PopinFRESH View Post
    "...and their desire to build out a system to allow for paid community created content." was more of the question
    From my viewpoint this would be changing the current community environment (where 99.9% of community produced material is provided free of charge). I don't want to stop someone getting a bit of beer money for their efforts, but this would be quite a reversal of the general environment we have now.

As soon as someone pays for something they'll expect more. More functionality, more support for issues; and this is the big one: their paid for ruleset/extension/module to be kept up-to-date with future FG releases. The regularity that SmiteWorks releases new FG functionality is quite amazing - unfortunately, this can have the effect of breaking extensions written for previous versions of FG (even minor releases like 3.0.10 to 3.0.11 broke some extensions) and to a lesser extent custom rulesets and modules. A lot of products on Steam rarely get updated so there's little impact or community based content wouldn't be effected significantly by such updates. FG is a different beast entirely...
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 6th, 2015 at 03:49.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Its a catch 22 - your Star Wars project has clocked in at around 500 hours. It would be nice if people could reward you for that effort (with anything more than upvoting your shiny reputation - go on folks - use that reputation button). On the other hand - you would likely never get recompensed anything that could come close to making it anything other than slave labour. And then as you point out... it needs supporting... so you either do it for "love" or you do it for "peanuts" and hope that the chains dont weigh too heavily...
    Id be in favour of it if it brings more rulesets and more quality products to the table.
    Also being able to have permanent CoreRPG versions/releases available could help reduce the maintenance effort but that is not something that SW want to do right now. You could package up CoreRPG3010 and bundle it with your ruleset if you didnt want to do he maintenance to keep it up to date etc.

While I can understand the concern with compatibility with extensions and rulesets what I'd like to see is an easier way to obtain & run modules.

Would love to be able to buy a simple 3-4 encounter adventure module as a 1-shot downloadable and installable from Steam. Priced around $5-$10 for one night's entertainment. I'd expect Smiteworks to get a decent portion of that. Probably recommend 5e as system but that probably brings up issues with WOTC.

Once a few more people get familiar with creating modules should be quite a lot of content available from a service like this.

Thread Information