DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 44 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    I updated the list with some updates to remove items already completed and to add Green Ronin, Rite Publishing, Pelgrane Press and Evil Hat. I reached out to FFG again and they are not interested at this time.

Blog Entries
    If anyone would like to work on a conversion for Zeitgest, please let me know by emailing [email protected]. Ideally, the same person would be able to make both a 4E and a Pathfinder compatible version since all but the stats would be changing.

I could use another project, let me look and see what Savage Worlds (or Sci-Fi) conversions are available when I get home.

One question I did have, there are quite a few gaming resources (vs. adventures) listed, I am wondering what the catch is to converting these as they seem like they would be trivial to do? If there is none than that is also an offer!!
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Ownership of the product and whether they have a contract with Smiteworks, some require LUA coding and the number of people capable of that is limited as well.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grimm182 View Post
    I could use another project, let me look and see what Savage Worlds (or Sci-Fi) conversions are available when I get home.

One question I did have, there are quite a few gaming resources (vs. adventures) listed, I am wondering what the catch is to converting these as they seem like they would be trivial to do? If there is none than that is also an offer!!
    Each of these can be a little different. We try to figure out what makes the most sense for each product. Many of these end up with an extension to provide some form of advanced functionality specific to that product. Perhaps there is a new data type that now needs a new screen or a new section for the character sheet. Other times they are simply conversions of the reference material in the books, the images, npcs and lists of abilities. Those sort of products are typically distributed as library modules and each section launches other windows of indexed and searchable items. You can look at the included modules for many of the rulesets to get an idea of what those look like from an XML standpoint. They are normally built exclusively in an external tool and then packaged into a module as opposed to being built within a blank campaign. Sometimes a combination of the two make sense if you prefer building out NPCs and linking story text and images in a campaign first.

I guess i did a poor job of my explaining my last post.

So lets take an example from the list: Savage Worlds Token Packs or the D20 Original Portrait Packs

These seem like projects that could be done in an hour or so. Which makes me think there is something more complex involved than just importing the art at a certain size/format and wrapping up in an extension.

My bigger point would be, if there is nothing to be done programming-wise then these could be knocked off the list rather quickly versus converting adventures which are time consuming.

Hope that makes better sense.
    ~Grimm182~ (GMT-8)/WA
    GM: Booked
    Player: Available for Sunday Nights

Blog Entries
    Portrait packs and token packs are definitely easier to do. It mostly involves pre-processing these to optimize the file sizes and formats for the game system of choice. Where appropriate, you can use the same source images for both portraits and tokens and just render them out to both locations.

Yes and no, depending on how the images are available you might have little to a lot of image editing to do to make them good and how you output them, I like them to have transparencies around the token, so it can take me more time to work on them.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

There is an abundance of information in this thread that I am chewing through to try to ensure I'm not asking a repeated question but unfortunately I am just not seeing what I'm looking for exactly. I have intentions of purchasing a few of the modules that FG has on it's stores to check out the format and completeness of those designs. I was looking for the requirements that modules have in order to be published by FG's website? Yes I mean selling on the website to other users of the program.

Where do I go to find the requirements that FG would like in order to consider an adventure ready to publish on their website? Is there a standard design or layout that you guys use specifically? I've grown very accustomed to using your module system to break apart my adventures into pieces (Think like Rise of the Runelords is split into 6 parts, I do that with my modules when I write too, for easy moving in and out story points, NPC's, Treasures, and the like) and I suppose I won't see an example till I buy a completed adventure from the site.

As for the actual licensing issues with the products I have questions on those too but I am reading over this entire thread to make sure they haven't already been answered before asking again. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedone0777 View Post
    Where do I go to find the requirements that FG would like in order to consider an adventure ready to publish on their website? Is there a standard design or layout that you guys use specifically
    I've been involved with the editing/review of the AdventureAWeek scenario modules before they are sent to SmiteWorks for publishing in the store. It took us while to settle on exactly what we (AdventureAWeek) were looking for in a FG scenario module - BASIC-3 and U1 are good examples, available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=7&y=16&sort=1

The high level stuff we look for is documented here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...tion_Guide.pdf

This is obviously quite specific to 3.5e/Pathfinder, but a lot of the concepts (story layout, links, maps, shortcuts, encounters, etc.) can be applied to most rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information