FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 44 First ... 4121314151624 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MurghBpurn
    Yes I convert pdf adventures and settings. I have created my own adventures, however as the systems/settings I use don't have an OGL it's not easy (if at all possible) to publish them.

The Laundry isn't an adventure as such (althoughit includes three) it is a complete setting using a slightly modified BRP system.
    Have you placed your custom adventures somewhere, where they can be downloaded?

Could you not modify your adventures around an existing OGL?
    I am here to listen, not to teach, go look somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdf
    Have you placed your custom adventures somewhere, where they can be downloaded?
    No, because i wouldn't have permission to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by jcdf
    Could you not modify your adventures around an existing OGL?
    I could, it's just finding the time.

Previously: MurghBpurn

Blog Entries
    A contact from Daring Entertainment just contacted us and said they received a pitch about carrying conversions of their products for Fantasy Grounds. They are interested in pursuing this, but I would like to find out who initiated this contact. Please PM me or send me an email with the details -- such as whether or not you've started any conversion work, your proposed timeline, etc.

It is also important to ensure consistent and professional communication from SmiteWorks whenever contacting a third-party publisher. We want to ultimately carry as many product lines as possible, but we want to make sure that we do it the right way.

Thanks,

-Doug

Hi, Doug:

What's the latest on development of BRP products and the Mongoose Runequest (2?) extension? I was thinking of tackling some of that stuff if it's still open. I'm working on an unofficial Age of Shadow module/extension for BRP ATM -- AoS is built off of OpenQuest which is built off of the MRQ SRD.

Thanks,
    K

I can say that I looked into the Runequest II extension to BRP last year, and instead opted to take on the Deadlands extension (due soon). My name might still be against the Runequest module, and I'd like to think I'd might take it on one day, but in truth that would not be for many months (years ?) now that I am developing the Savage Worlds ruleset too, so I think my name should be removed from that project for now.

From my limited exposure to the extension model of FGII (now a much greater understanding) and reviewing the RQ rules vrs the BRP rules, I had concluded that Runequest II would be best developed as a separate ruleset to BRP. Your development experience might differ, of course.
    Last edited by phantomwhale; March 8th, 2011 at 04:55.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale
    From my limited exposure to the extension model of FGII (now a much greater understanding) and reviewing the RQ rules vrs the BRP rules, I had concluded that Runequest II would be best developed as a separate ruleset to BRP. Your development experience might differ, of course.
    I suspect you might be right, phw. The two games share the same roots, but they are very different beasts.

I am waiting for a reply from Smiteworks (strangely enough, contacting Chaosium seems to be pointless) to plan the release of 3+ BRP modules based on our (officially licensed) products.

That sounds very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    I have updated the list to show AEG (which is still in the early discussions.) I mostly wanted to throw that on the list to start looking for eager developers and contributors. They have plenty of other products that they might be interested in allowing conversions for, but these are the ones we have specifically discussed at this point. They recommended The World's Largest Dungeon -- but thought we might break it into a series of separate modules. The nice thing about that one is that it almost exclusively uses the monsters from the SRD for the encounters. The full module is 840 pages with 1600 encounters. WOW!!! Even with being able to drag and drop the creatures and splitting into 10 or so separate modules, it will be a fairly big undertaking.

I have also added more product details for Malhavoc Press and updated the status of several conversions.
    I know this thread has been going for a while, and as I'm new, I'm sort of playing catchup, because this is an area of interest for me. I'm currently putting the WLD into my system so I can run player's through it. It's a large undertaking, to say the least. What was the status on discussions, and did anyone pick it up? Thanks!

You should send an email to us at [email protected], and talk with Doug about the status and possibilities.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    You should send an email to us at [email protected], and talk with Doug about the status and possibilities.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Thanks muchly.

Thread Information