5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 11 of 44 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu777
    Doug , i have put fg2 into a 'bottle" , this seams to run very successfully , like a lot of the mac games which were pc only have been put into mac bottles which are basically just tweaked wine , i have attached a screen shot for you to see

maybe this will help you with the pathfinder problem

Rob
    I just read that Hero Labs is now the official Character Creation tool for Pathfinder RPG. Interesting to note that it doesn't run natively on the Mac. Wasn't this the prereq for a deal with FGII. Just seems inconsistent given the info I've heard thus far about what they are looking for in electronic tools partners.

I'm not bagging, just curious. I have DDi for D&D and I'll likely buy Hero Labs for my Pathfinder playing.
    Last edited by Hye Jedi; July 11th, 2010 at 04:29.
    Founding member of the Star Wars Adventure Writers Guild
    Avatar image by artist Steve Criado of Fandom Comics
    PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer
    Systems Played: Star Wars Saga Edition, D&D 4th Edition, Pathfinder

Lone Wolf has stated that they are working on a native Mac client, so maybe that helped seal the deal.

I would point out that Hero Builder creates a file in XML format on export.

Create an importer for FG2 that imports this XML file and exports in FG2 format and Bob's your uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Wind
    I would point out that Hero Builder creates a file in XML format on export.

Create an importer for FG2 that imports this XML file and exports in FG2 format and Bob's your uncle.
    Thanks for the insight...in fact I've recently downloaded the Hero Lab demo and am checking it out.

Also I just finished listening to Pathfinder podcast #3 and enjoyed the brief prelude discussion you all were having regarding various VTT applications available today. Although I actually like to play in person, in fact I've played several times with your fellow host Azmyth here in the Bay Area, my work/family life doesn't always support that luxury. So in those cases, I have to turn to VTTs to get some game time. Fantasy Grounds is obviously my tool of choice as I think it is the most professionally developed product out there today. I don't mind paying a little for a product that does so much.
    Founding member of the Star Wars Adventure Writers Guild
    Avatar image by artist Steve Criado of Fandom Comics
    PST (GMT-8) Evening and Weekend Gamer
    Systems Played: Star Wars Saga Edition, D&D 4th Edition, Pathfinder

Same here. As someone with young children and little time, VTTs are the only way I get to game at the moment. When the kids get a little older, I might be able to get back to attending a club somewhere, but not for a few years yet.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Huh... well, from what Paizo is SAYING, they're open to a non-exclusive license.

https://paizo.com/paizo/messageboard...port&page=2#77
    Concentration and dedication are the hallmarks of... Oh! Shiney!!
    CST (GMT -6:00)

I think one of the things that needs to be made clear to people about the power of FG2 is in the fact that its truly a software framework. A vast amount of the features you use in an interface are coded within the Lua environment. This makes it possible to add your own features using things like extensions or just working on your own rulesets. You want a feature that doesn't currently exist? You can actually work on adding it instead of hoping that the developers will.

Granted this doesn't cover things like VOIP and similar items, but when it comes to game mechanics and VTT features, there is a considerable amount that you can do to it.

I'm interested in doing the conversion of Reality Blurs Realm of Cthulu for Savage Worlds. Would like to know if you'd had any previous dealings with this company before trying to reach out to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor1971
    I'm interested in doing the conversion of Reality Blurs Realm of Cthulu for Savage Worlds. Would like to know if you'd had any previous dealings with this company before trying to reach out to them.
    I started doing this when rulesets were handled by Digital Adventures, communication with Reality Blurs were poor at best, so it never got finished.

Previously: MurghBpurn

How do you put something 'in a bottle'?

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu777
    Doug , i have put fg2 into a 'bottle" , this seams to run very successfully , like a lot of the mac games which were pc only have been put into mac bottles which are basically just tweaked wine , i have attached a screen shot for you to see

maybe this will help you with the pathfinder problem

Rob
    Hi there! How do you do this?

Is there a thread about this somewhere that you could point me too. I'm about to start a game with my wife and her sister. Both are Mac users. So this would be pretty handy information.

Cheers!
    J

Thread Information