5E Character Create Playlist
Page 25 of 44 First ... 15232425262735 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Full Bleed - what in particular are you after?
    Most of the extensions have been released freely as are the community rulesets.
    Sometimes someone will even make up an extension that someone else has expressed an interest in.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we could do that. It all depends on what the extension does. I could see some people wanting to buy a cool extension that adds a certain functionality. The challenge is always that the developer would have to be very active to maintain compatibility as the base ruleset and engine changes over time. The ruleset devs already do a fair amount of this, but most of the content developers don't need to worry as much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Full Bleed - what in particular are you after?
    Well, I suspect that more useful/desirable extensions might be released, maintained, and updated if compensation was involved. And it would, likewise, provide another revenue outlet to FG developers.

It looks like there are people being compensated for custom maps, modules, and token sets... but not extensions.

Most of the extensions have been released freely as are the community rulesets.
    Sometimes someone will even make up an extension that someone else has expressed an interest in.
    It actually seems like *all* extensions that I have looked at have been released freely... and I haven't seen anything in the store to indicate otherwise. I wondered if there was some technical or policy hurdle at play and could not find anything that explicitly spelled things out one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavidson
    Yes, we could do that. It all depends on what the extension does. I could see some people wanting to buy a cool extension that adds a certain functionality. The challenge is always that the developer would have to be very active to maintain compatibility as the base ruleset and engine changes over time. The ruleset devs already do a fair amount of this, but most of the content developers don't need to worry as much about it.
    Ok, this is as I suspected.

Out of curiosity, what is ruleset policy regarding engine changes? That is, if an engine change breaks a ruleset what is the obligation/expectation of the ruleset devs? Has this happened yet? Is the end user at the mercy of the ruleset dev's quick response to create compatibility? Or is there some way to continue using a compatible FG version?

Blog Entries
    Okay, so we talked about this some more yesterday. The main problem we see with extensions is maintenance and testing. If something is temporarily broken on a free product, it can lead to a bad user experience, but not nearly as bad as if someone paid money for a product that is now broken. There will be an expectation that "if I buy something, it should work." That is as it should be. For that reason, we've decided that it is very unlikely that we would recommend selling extensions in the store.

The better solution might be for developers to contact us and request permission to monetize it and distribute it outside of Fantasy Grounds. This would enable them to locate a "donate" button on a web page where people could contribute to future development.

Anyone working on implementing Exalted 3rd Edition, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Same here. As someone with young children and little time, VTTs are the only way I get to game at the moment. When the kids get a little older, I might be able to get back to attending a club somewhere, but not for a few years yet.
    Wait until the age a bit. Kids make great gamers. One of the best moments of my life was when my 8 year old said, "I power attack for full. Bring it Daddy!"

Quote Originally Posted by tadkil View Post
    Wait until the age a bit. Kids make great gamers. One of the best moments of my life was when my 8 year old said, "I power attack for full. Bring it Daddy!"
    Truth - my daughter (now 23 - yes, I was a "child-groom") is one of the hardest RPGer's out there - and she's used her RPG skills and knowledge both in obtaining her Psychology Degree and in landing a part-time job at EB Games (while still at Uni). Some of the best times we've had is when we've been pitted against each other; me as the GM/BBEG trying to thwart the PCs and her and the others trying to thwart me - fun, fun times.

And it p!sses off my ex-wife that I've got a hobby I can share with my daughter - so BONUS!!!! :P
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Patiently waiting for my 4yo and 6yo girls to reach the age where I can indoctrinate them into gaming. Muhuhuhahahaha they will have no choice but to be players in my games!

Adventure Time has a good RPG and the Monster Slayers modules are easily put into FG.

Blog Entries
    6 isn't too young. I think that was the age my son was when I first got him playing 3E Mini's. Had him pick two mini's that he liked, then I told him about the abilities of each and asked him their names and a few questions about their backgrounds. I wrote that all down, then added two mini's for my own PC's so the party was a bit balanced. Then we started playing with simple combats and role playing. I kept track of all the mechanics and focused on fun, i.e. if he rolled close to a hit, then I described it as a hit or miss depending upon what the mood needed to be. Always making sure he was the hero.

He's 14 now, and we play 5E via FG at least once a week with two different groups.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuatara View Post
    Patiently waiting for my 4yo and 6yo girls to reach the age where I can indoctrinate them into gaming. Muhuhuhahahaha they will have no choice but to be players in my games!

Adventure Time has a good RPG and the Monster Slayers modules are easily put into FG.
    I've played Hero Kids with my 5-year-old, and he seemed to really enjoy it! He asked to play, though...

Thread Information