STAR TREK 2d20
Page 40 of 44 First ... 303839404142 ... Last
    You would reach out to [email protected]; and provide as much detail as you can.

In most situations, we recommend basing any ruleset on the CoreRPG ruleset, so that it can inherit the base RPG-style functionality as well as receive RPG game system-neutral updates more easily.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You would reach out to [email protected]; and provide as much detail as you can.

In most situations, we recommend basing any ruleset on the CoreRPG ruleset, so that it can inherit the base RPG-style functionality as well as receive RPG game system-neutral updates more easily.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks for that. I will send a detailed email today

Well, I guess since WOTC is not listed then it's hard to get their permission or what? They are probably trying to do something like this themselves or . . . idk anyone have any theories, conspiracies, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Messy1 View Post
    Well, I guess since WOTC is not listed then it's hard to get their permission or what? They are probably trying to do something like this themselves or . . . idk anyone have any theories, conspiracies, etc?
    Can you expand on what you mean by this?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well, I am currently running a pen and paper Birthright campaign setting adventure for anywhere between 5-10 players. I have been doing this for about a year with some success. I want to expand my DM skills/offerings and start to play Dragonlance campaign modules with some of my friends. I think that I will start using Fantasy Grounds for its 2e rule set features to help with organization, planning, and presentation. I'm toying with the idea of using a TV as board for interactive dungeons. Currently I used Campaign Cartographer to make some pretty cool maps and battle tiles. I also use Hobbyte's Dungeon Builder, which has some pretty cool isometric features and coincidentally uses Unity. I pretty much have been dabbling in a lot of digital D&D tools and I just want to see FG or someone even WoTC make modules of their old content so it will make it easier for me as a DM. As it stands I put in a lot of work, which I love doing actually, but I'm baffled that WoTC has not attempted to unify and organize their vast library in to easy to use formats. D&D 5e is already fracturing the same way 3.5e did with all the Unearthed Arcana supplements and those supplements aren't all that organized. D&D is D&D it doesn't matter the rule set, I have my favorite settings and I think I'm just going to try and convert everything to 5e rules in the future using guidelines published by WoTC for converting characters and other stuff to 5e, but I'd still like to use the older campaign settings as backdrops because they have much better narrative flow, deeper lore, and etc. I'm rambling, I know, thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Can you expand on what you mean by this?
    Well, I am currently running a pen and paper Birthright campaign setting adventure for anywhere between 5-10 players. I have been doing this for about a year with some success. I want to expand my DM skills/offerings and start to play Dragonlance campaign modules with some of my friends. I think that I will start using Fantasy Grounds for its 2e rule set features to help with organization, planning, and presentation. I'm toying with the idea of using a TV as board for interactive dungeons. Currently I used Campaign Cartographer to make some pretty cool maps and battle tiles. I also use Hobbyte's Dungeon Builder, which has some pretty cool isometric features and coincidentally uses Unity. I pretty much have been dabbling in a lot of digital D&D tools and I just want to see FG or someone even WoTC make modules of their old content so it will make it easier for me as a DM. As it stands I put in a lot of work, which I love doing actually, but I'm baffled that WoTC has not attempted to unify and organize their vast library in to easy to use formats. D&D 5e is already fracturing the same way 3.5e did with all the Unearthed Arcana supplements and those supplements aren't all that organized. D&D is D&D it doesn't matter the rule set, I have my favorite settings and I think I'm just going to try and convert everything to 5e rules in the future using guidelines published by WoTC for converting characters and other stuff to 5e, but I'd still like to use the older campaign settings as backdrops because they have much better narrative flow, deeper lore, and etc. I'm rambling, I know, thanks for listening.

Blog Entries
    We do many conversions for WOTC material. We are not currently recruiting any new developers to work on these, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We do many conversions for WOTC material. We are not currently recruiting any new developers to work on these, however.
    Well, I will just cheer from the sidelines. I hope the content keeps on coming out. I will prob buy FG very soon if it continues to provide 2e resources.

Hi. While they aren't hiring there are lots of community developers that write stuff for their own games. Many of the rulesets listed in the store started off as free projects for the community. Maybe play around with and make something small, get your feet wet with a theme or extension and go from there. There is also a trove of unconverted 2E supplements and modules that you might give a go at. To be honest I'd love to see some of the 2E modules with modern maps in place of the old ones, it sounds like your skills might do well for that.

While I'd love to see a full Birthright setting implemented in FG it is certainly not where I'd start. I'd start small and build up to that because it would probably be the most difficult setting to implement because of all the extra mechanics (domain actions, blood abilities, realm/war spells, holdings, etc...)

Just for my 5 cents. Why not publish more rulesets from certain publishers. Just an example... You published Conan for 2D20, but thats all. There are several systems that are very close to Conan (like MC3).

Then came out Alien RPG (which is good), but nothing to Mutant Year Zero, Forbidden Lands or even Coriolis. All those are widely played...and pretty similar. Can we expect those?

Thread Information