5E Character Create Playlist
Page 38 of 44 First ... 283637383940 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Welcome Micco52

Generally you will need to show a first draft of a working ruleset before an agreement can be reached. This is a significant impost on you the developer but it is very common for someone to start a project and not complete it for various reasons. You should email [email protected] to confirm what editions/publishers they have interest in getting converted before getting too far along. Sometimes a publisher that was interested withdraws or vice versa.

Good luck - I would love to see Paranoia!

damned,

Perfect, exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much!

I'm working on Call of Cthulhu: Dunwich: Return to the Forgotten Village.

I was putting this together anyway for my group, might as well pass it on

Doug,

Has there been any traction on a deal with West End Games for the Star Wars d6 product? We have a basic ruleset in community and I would be interested in porting their back catalog to FG. I'm also interested in Paranoia by the same publisher.
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    Doug,

Has there been any traction on a deal with West End Games for the Star Wars d6 product? We have a basic ruleset in community and I would be interested in porting their back catalog to FG. I'm also interested in Paranoia by the same publisher.
    I think it has been mentioned a number of times in various threads. There is unlikely ever to be any kind of Star wars official products because the licensing is way too complicated, and it's doubtful that Disney or LucasArts or whoever has bits of the license would really be interested in any kind of deal that isn't going to make them millions.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately Zacchaeus is correct. Even though West End Games had the Star Wars license at the time that they made those books, they no longer have it and therefore are not able to produce new products. They probably are not even able to reprint old products. Either way, Fantasy Grounds conversions would be different enough to likely be considered "new products" and I wouldn't want to risk falling on the wrong side of a lawsuit. Even a lawsuit you could "win" would not be worth it in this situation.

Makes perfect sense. Bummer. Thank you both for responding!
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Hello,

I'm currently prepping the Hell's Vengeance campaign, an official Paizo's Adventure Path for Pathfinder.

So far I've converted the first module for Fantasy Grounds. Who should I contact to evaluate if it could be made into an official module?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Faelwen View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently prepping the Hell's Vengeance campaign, an official Paizo's Adventure Path for Pathfinder.

So far I've converted the first module for Fantasy Grounds. Who should I contact to evaluate if it could be made into an official module?
    You can contact our Production Coordinator, James Holloway ([email protected]). Also let us know the rough amount of time that it took you to do it and your plans and timelines for the rest of the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by nicklausrhodes View Post
    I'm working on Call of Cthulhu: Dunwich: Return to the Forgotten Village.

I was putting this together anyway for my group, might as well pass it on
    Hey all, I have completed this module and just need to know the next steps for getting it published.

P.S. I have a whole new respect for the amount of work that goes into creating these things!

Thread Information