STAR TREK 2d20

Is it possible to watch?

Hello,

Long time gamer here, but never through a VTT. I'm looking to get an AD&D, GURPS, or possibly Rolemaster game going (and maybe Pathfinder, if I ever get around to buying the book). I've tinkered around with VTTs for most of them (and so far FG2 is waaay ahead) and watched demos and screenshots and walkthroughs, etc. But what I would really like to do is be able to actually watch a game for a little while, just to see and hear how actual people play an actual game. Is there a functionality for that? Or would I have to actually join a game?

I'm not averse to joining a game, but I am reluctant for fear that my VR noobishness may prove frustrating to more experienced players (or worse, DMs!). So if anybody is actually willing to put up with noobishness in a guest player for a game night, that would be great, too.

Thanks to you all!

Welcome to the forums.

First of all, you will need a Lite license to observe a game. And there is no lobby -- you will need to find someone willing to let you sit in. I wouldn't mind, so you can send me a PM if you grab a Lite license and are interested in watching a game.

Second of all, I think you will find that people around here are very forgiving and would be patient with new players, so you may not need to bother watching anyway.

Welcome to FG2!

We're planning another online convention early in November over at Four Ugly Monsters. There will be demos and a chance to join in some games. Ideal for getting your feet wet!

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread Joey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyke
    We're planning another online convention early in November over at Four Ugly Monsters. There will be demos and a chance to join in some games. Ideal for getting your feet wet!

Spyke

I'd be up to hear about this. Just peeked at the site and saw people recently debating 4e on FG, saying there was no ruleset, but there is one right???

Quote Originally Posted by Nehustan
    I'd be up to hear about this. Just peeked at the site and saw people recently debating 4e on FG, saying there was no ruleset, but there is one right???
    There's no official ruleset. Four Ugly Monsters's most active group by far covers the development of the unofficial one.

Spyke
    Free GURPS tools for Fantasy Grounds at www.spyke.me.

There's no official ruleset. Four Ugly Monsters's most active group by far covers the development of the unofficial one.

Spyke

K, will register and have a proper nose about...

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    Welcome to the forums.
    Thanks! Been kind of nosing/lurking about trying to figure out some of the mechanics (like installing a custom ruleset -- finally figured that one out! ). I've already got a full license (and lite one for my fiance), so that's not a problem. I'll get in touch with you about game details. Thanks for the invite!

We're planning another online convention early in November over at Four Ugly Monsters.Spyke
    Cool. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehustan
    Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread Joey!!!
    Not at all.

have you had a chance to check it out yet

we would be glad to let you join up and check out how we do it.

if you have any interest hit me up.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Thread Information