FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problems with bold / italic / underlined text

If I enter text into a story page the sentences break across lines fine, if I then apply formatting to some words, the words sometimes split across lines. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

Phil

Previously: MurghBpurn

I posted it a while back. No responses. Such is the blackhole of formattedtext.

Italic text seems the worst so I almost never use it. I suspect FG doesn't take properly take into account the extra size of non standard text or has an error in the calculation.

MurghBpurn pointed out this old post which was similar to something he found in v2.7.1. If this is still an issue, please let me know; since I haven't been able to re-create with the new version.

Thanks,
    JPG

See attached examples, lots more if you need them!

Perfect example. It actually gave me a good idea of where to look.

Essentially, for word wrapping, the code attempts to fit whatever it can into the space allowed (in case of very narrow stringfields). That code is also used for each formatted block in the formattedtextcontrols. So, it will always break mid-word if the box ends in the first word.

Now, I just need to figure out how to change that behavior.

Also, working on other fixes for the formattedtextcontrol for 2.7.2. I'll probably wait a couple weeks to put in the changes, since my test server is tied up with 2.6.5 in case of emergencies.

In addition to the backspace cursor location you reported, I'm also addressing lost formatting when deleting between paragraphs or splitting a paragraph with the Enter key. Also, I'll be adding CTRL+A (Select All) and CTRL+X (Cut) functionality.

Cheers,
    JPG

Great stuff!

Thank the Maker!

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Also, I'll be adding CTRL+A (Select All) and CTRL+X (Cut) functionality.

OK, I think I've got a fix for the next release to improve wrapping in both stringcontrols and formattedtextcontrols. Also, I added CTRL+A to stringcontrols as well.

Make sure to test 2.7.2 heavily for me on these items when I post it out in a couple weeks.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    OK, I think I've got a fix for the next release to improve wrapping in both stringcontrols and formattedtextcontrols. Also, I added CTRL+A to stringcontrols as well.

Make sure to test 2.7.2 heavily for me on these items when I post it out in a couple weeks.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Will do!

Thread Information