STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: BRP Ruleset?

BRP Ruleset?

At the risk of showing that I have been unsuccessful in doing a search for it, I was wondering if there is a FGII Basic Role Playing (BRP) ruleset available anywhere? If there is I'd really like to get my hands on it.

Thanks.

There isn't a BRP ruleset, but there *is* a Call of Cthulhu one, and that uses the same game mechanics (except hit locations and fatigue).

The CoC one is a commercial ruleset produced by DA for Chaosium, and can be found in the FG store here, the DA site (www.digitaladventures.net) and elsewhere (I think DriveThruRPG and/or RPGNow sell rulesets).

By way of full disclosure, I do freelance work for DA and had a large part in the CoC ruleset.

Stuart

Foen, any plans to modify the Cthulhu ruleset for the recently released Eclipse Phase?
    It's a d100 based game, but with a lot of additions.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I think EP looks too different ro justify a modification. It would be better to start from afresh.

Also, the IP for CoC and that for EP vest with different parties, so a commercial ruleset conversion might be problematic.

Stuart

Foen is doing a BRP ruleset ... will be finished soon, they are currently playtesting it

Blog Entries
    It is actually finished and we are just awaiting a final approval from Chaosium before we can release it for sale.

-Doug

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison
    It is actually finished and we are just awaiting a final approval from Chaosium before we can release it for sale.

-Doug
    Excellent news! Thanks guys!

Eclipse Phase was released by the same company that publishes Shadowrun. For those who didn't know.

Although the BRP ruleset is nearing publication, I still think Eclipse Phase is too different to play using BRP. There are no traditional characteristics (such as STR, DEX, CON) for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Foen
    Although the BRP ruleset is nearing publication, I still think Eclipse Phase is too different to play using BRP. There are no traditional characteristics (such as STR, DEX, CON) for example.
    well, you could convert the setting to BRP, using Allegiances for the different Status. Don't know what to do with these Edges or what ever they are called, though.

Thread Information