DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    perhaps the customers that did not receive the email checked a box long ago that said "do not send me product news via email".

Quote Originally Posted by longarms
    perhaps the customers that did not receive the email checked a box long ago that said "do not send me product news via email".
    They have different ways of contacting customers, ah la marketing about new products and other publisher news. That is what this blocks. The file update process is supposed to cover everyone, from what they told me.

Just checking out the new functionality and I think it's a great (not perfect) upgrade. The new mini sheet combined with quick keys means that you can now actually play without the character sheet open, saving desktop real estate. The new raise damage functionality saves you having to roll that separately or else having to maintain duplicate weapon entries for damage, one with the raise and one without. The modifiers sheet is great for keeping track of those situational modifiers that only apply in certain circumstances, again freeing you up from having to remember to manually apply those or else maintain duplicate skills to have versions both with and without modifiers applied, especially since there are situations where multiple modifiers could apply.

It would be neat if the bennies image could be swapped out by the GM so that custom bennies could be used, but that is minor. The Strafe template would be nice too for Necropolis and Weird Wars, but I realize that most games don't need it, so it wasn't a priority the way the cone template was.

About the only thing I haven't been able to figure out on my own is the use of the Effects (or FX) sheet. I'm just not getting it.

The effects list allows the GM to keep a list of combat effects handy, to drag and drop on the combat tracker. The combat tracker effects have three entries: Name/description (such as 'Stunned' or 'Invisible'); Value; and Ticks/round. Each round the value is incremented by the ticks/round, and if it becomes zero, the effect is removed. Typically a GM would put a duration in the Value field and -1 in the Ticks/round field.

The Effects list has exactly the same entries.

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k
    It would be neat if the bennies image could be swapped out by the GM so that custom bennies could be used, but that is minor. The Strafe template would be nice too for Necropolis and Weird Wars, but I realize that most games don't need it, so it wasn't a priority the way the cone template was.
    We're working on moving the different versions of the bennies to an extension. As for Necropolis, at the moment I don't have a license agreement with TAG for this world, but we are putting the strafe template on the list for the future.

Thanks for the comments!

I'm pretty sure I bought through the ENWorld storefront for OBS

It lists the ruleset as awaiting my review but doesn't show up in the updated list or the list of everything I've bought.

S
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    I'm pretty sure I bought through the ENWorld storefront for OBS

It lists the ruleset as awaiting my review but doesn't show up in the updated list or the list of everything I've bought.
    S
    Unfortunately, that is an OBS issue. If a product you bought is not on the list, then I would contact them along with your email receipt (if you have it). The SW product numbers have remained the same since v1 of the ruleset, so the customer list should be correct.

Email me off the forums if you have any problems with them. If your email address isn't hidden from the publisher, I might be able to confirm your purchase on my end.

I am pleased to see that the wild die automatically rolls, but the chat window only reports the higher of the two dice. It really cleans up the chat window, which should speed up combat a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by longarms
    I am pleased to see that the wild die automatically rolls, but the chat window only reports the higher of the two dice. It really cleans up the chat window, which should speed up combat a bit.
    Useful Tip - Character has an M-16 and wants to fire full auto:

According to the rules you roll 3 shooting dice and 1 wild die, (this PC has shooting d8)

1) click (and hold the left mouse button) on the shooting icon (to the left of the weapon entry) this will pick up your shooting skill die and a d6 (assuming you have wild die toggle on)

2) whilst holding down the left mouse button click right click twice

3) You will now have three shooting dice and one wild die

Roll the dice.

This has been the greatest time saver in our Dark*Matter firefights!

(noticed I forgot to apply auto-fire penalty to modifier before I rolled PC must have rock-and-roll )
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

thank you for the tip.

Question - on the mini sheet there is an icon that says "apply wound modifiers". Its a five point star with an arrow. How do you use this?

Thread Information