FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds Ruleset v3

The Savage Worlds Ruleset v3 is now ready for sale and upgrade! The new ruleset is now for sale via the Digital Adventures Online Store, and OBS stores for new customers. Current SW ruleset customers please read below.

Please read through this posting carefully to fully understand the upgrade process for existing customers.

The Ruleset
    Because SW now uses the SWEXP ruleset, this is the only version of the ruleset we'll be selling going forward. Those who bought the SW-Core ruleset should receive upgrade information. Regarding other SW modules, they should all work with this new version, but if you find a problem please contact Digital Adventures at [email protected]

Upgrades
    Depending on where you bought your copy of a SW ruleset, you'll receive your information differently. If you do not receive upgrade information by Sept 19th, 2009, please contact the store where you made your purchase (see below)

OBS: Those that bought through One Book Shelf should receive their upgrade download info via that store's upgrade tool. This includes RPGNow, DTRPG, and affiliate stores. Any problems please contact Digital Adventures at [email protected]

FG Store: The upgrade files have been sent to SmiteWorks, and they'll push out the upgrade to those customers. Any questions on receiving your information contact [email protected].

DA Store: Those who bought from the Digital Adventures store should receive an email in the next 48 hours with download information. Any problems please contact Digital Adventures at [email protected]

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ON UPGRADING
    Prior to running the SW3 installer, please move, rename, or delete your existing SW ruleset and module files. If the installer detects files or folders of the same name, those files will not be upgraded.

NOTE TO OBS CUSTOMERS
    For the time being, there are actually two copies of this product up for sale on RPGNow and DTRPG. This is because of the hassle in combining the two previous versions of the ruleset, one for the Core Rules and one for SWEXP. Once all customers have the upgraded product, the two products will be combined.

Thanks to all who helped in getting this product completed and to the community!

Awesome ruleset Kevin. Looks like several new features that I can't wait to use. Will there also be a current FAQ to go over the new functionality?
    GM: Savage Worlds
    Player: Savage Worlds, SW:SE, Serenity, Spycraft/Spycraft 2.0
    Times: GMT -5: Weekends, Occasional Weeknights

Quote Originally Posted by ProfMarks
    Awesome ruleset Kevin. Looks like several new features that I can't wait to use. Will there also be a current FAQ to go over the new functionality?
    Umm ... maybe? I can't find it at the moment. Sorry. I'll have to work with the guys to get it compiled again after the upgrade support has died down some. I'll also see if I can get them to post a few things to this thread. When it is done I'll probably post it over at www.savageworldsonline.net.

Thanks!

Got my upgrade. Thanks for the continued support, Kevin and co!

Emails containing the upgrades were sent out today.

"VERY IMPORTANT NOTE ON UPGRADING
    Prior to running the SW3 installer, please move, rename, or delete your existing SW ruleset and module files. If the installer detects files or folders of the same name, those files will not be upgraded."

Can you be more specific about what files we should delete before running the installer. Do you mean the entire folder named "savageworlds" in the directory ...application data/fantasygrounds II/rulesets. Any other folders, if so, can you be specific as to which ones?

Please note that I ran the installer without moving any files. So I may need special instructions as to what to do now. I have the folders "savageworlds" and "savageworlds3" in the above-mentioned directory.

Whenever upgrading using the installer, *over an existing version of the same ruleset*, you need to delete or rename just the ruleset folder. SW3 is installed as a new ruleset (it isn't the same as SWEX or SW), so you don't need to take that precautionary step.

Hope that helps,

Stuart

Regarding DriveThruRPG Customers

I've gotten several emails now from DriveThruRPG customers that they have not received emails from the OBS system. When a publisher updates a product all previous customers should get an email stating such. I updated those files last weekend, so go to your account and re-download.

In the meantime I'm going to contact OBS and see what the issue might be. It seems that every time I try to do an upgrade via their delightful automated system, something goes wrong.

Please email me if you are an OBS customer (DriveThruRPG/RPGNow) and do not have access to an upgraded file in your account.

Kevin,

I have never received an email from OBS telling me any product I purchased was updated. Luckily I discovered the Updated Products Page a while ago by accident. So I have always had to go and look for updates on their site. So I don't think there update email feature works or is something people have to turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by rundeks
    Kevin,

I have never received an email from OBS telling me any product I purchased was updated. Luckily I discovered the Updated Products Page a while ago by accident. So I have always had to go and look for updates on their site. So I don't think there update email feature works or is something people have to turn on.
    There is (or was, not sure of the status) a setting on a user's OBS account that effectively hides customer information from the publisher. Because of this, I don't have a comprehensive list of customers for my products. OBS compensates for this by having these tools that are supposed to contact the customers for you when products are upgraded or for other reason.

In the five years I've been doing Digital Adventures I've had it work correctly about 2 in 10 times. When I did the updates for the CSRD it completely failed, so when I did the upgrade for Savage Worlds v2 I did them all via my store -- and I received a very nasty letter from OBS saying that in doing this I was violating their TOS agreement and they were going to terminate my account. I explained my displeasure with past upgrade attempts, and in the end they backed off.

In retrospect, wonder if I should have just let them can me. When I have the time I guess I'll be composing what is probably my 10th complaint letter regarding their system. Sigh ...

Sorry to any of my customers that have had issues with DA upgrades.

Thread Information