Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

All D&D minis as tokens - automated

16 Aug 2014 Update

Use this now:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?17628
    It is the same but all automated through a Windows GUI plus it downloads more minis (Pathfinder).

--------------------------

I'm lazy, so I automated making tokens of the D&D mini images from WoTC.

I automated the download of the images including renaming some of the images to more meaningful names (i.e., not 01.jpg, 02.jpg, etc.) using a VBScript and some bat files to rename. And I automated the resizing of the images (the cool part!).

The script not only resizes the images (keeping aspect ratio) but changes to PNG format, makes the background transparent, and centers the image in a square canvas of the size selected. For example, if you say size 50, all images are resized to 50x50. If an image is tall, it resizes by height down to 50 (keeping aspect ratio) then makes the canvas 50 wide. If a wide image, sizes to 50 wide, then makes canvas 50 tall. Image is centered. The original image is not lost.

For the resizing, I use ImageMagick (free download from www.imagemagick.org).

Takes less than 10 minutes on my computer for all 1,168 images. You can do a lot more if desired (like adding borders, etc.) The ImageMagick documentation has all the options. Also, should work on other images as well. (For example, I think it should work if you have bought the Counter Collection from Fiery Dragon. Could use same principles to resize and make background transparent.)
    Last edited by valeros; August 17th, 2014 at 08:10.

Can you post an example of how it looks...? i mean the tokens...
    Thank you
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die...

Example tokens (50x50 & 100x100)

I attached a couple random samples of 50x50 and 100x100. *Sorry, removed images to make sure I am not violating any copyright laws* But the images/tokens look really good (to me anyway.)
    Last edited by valeros; August 26th, 2009 at 09:42.

Valeros, I tried to e-mail you to ask for the scripts, but aol is rejecting your e-mail address.

corrected email

sorry. typo in the email. correct is: [email protected]

Scripts attached

Attaching scripts here. I did not realize I could post a .zip file.

For everyone who emailed, I cannot email the scripts because AOL and gmail will not allow the attachment since they are scripts for security. (Would not go even in a .zip or renamed.)
    Last edited by valeros; August 27th, 2009 at 05:06.

Wow, that's the fastest I've ever made working tokens. Great jo and thanks!

Only thing to note compared to doing this manually are the tokens that have long weapons or limbs that mess up the final result. But still, excellent tool.^^

Blog Entries
    Many thanks.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

I am new to FG and I was working on getting/making Tokens. This was a god send and I appreciate what you have done very much.

Great script ran with no problems.

My virus scanner says there's a trojan (VBS/Psyme) in "download_images.vbs".

Thread Information