STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Hey man, saw your comments here and @Arion ’s in a MoreCore topic and thought to share a Youtube channel for a ROLEMASTER game we play with FG if you wanted to see the toolset in action, if you’re(Arion) not sure on buying it for your needs.

Edited version:
    YT

Or live:
    Twitch

As with all games, lots of mistakes and missed entries are sometimes made, but hopefully these vids help show how the ruleset within FG can be manipulated for your own game(and its inevitable house rulings you implement with your group).
    Last edited by Majyk; September 11th, 2018 at 10:11.

Nice one, thanks I will have to check it out.

Quick question (I haven't played with ruleset enough). How optional rules work? I have used "over casting rules and some other optional rules, like simplified combat" in my games. Should I stay with the basic rules?

Anothe question...if I want to house rule something (like giving one spell list for free.) How that works?

I have not delved into the options much. Which one are you curious about?

The built in optional rules can be found by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner.

I don't see one for overcasting. However, you can house rule that.

There is nothing preventing you from adding spell lists at any time, so that one is pretty easy to do, just go to the Spells tab and add the list, you can use the drop down boxes to find it (use the scroll wheel to scroll down the list).

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    I have not delved into the options much. Which one are you curious about?

The built in optional rules can be found by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner.

I don't see one for overcasting. However, you can house rule that.

There is nothing preventing you from adding spell lists at any time, so that one is pretty easy to do, just go to the Spells tab and add the list, you can use the drop down boxes to find it (use the scroll wheel to scroll down the list).

In basic rolemaster set you can cast spells up to your level. If optional rules are used, you can use power points to cast higher level spells. Then, in my games, you have to roll from extra ordinary spell failure tavle (ESF)...and in my games I have got used to use Power Point Development (which greatly increases caster power for lower levels). These are official rule options.
    Last edited by Theros; December 5th, 2020 at 20:07.

You can certainly do that.

If you open the Spell Law module in the Library, your can search the Reference Manual for ESF rules.

You can add the Spell Failure table to the Table Resolver.

Open the RM Tables from the upper right.

Drag the appropriate table to the table resolver.

Have the player roll, add any modifiers to the box below the chat window.

Drag the result of the roll to the table resolver, and it will highlight the appropriate result.

From there, if you want, you can drag the result from the table resolver to the character (on the Combat Tracker) to have the effect shown.

I do have plans to automate those options but that is going to be at least a few months before it gets done. I am almost done with redoing the professions where they can be added directly in the ruleset including setting the skill costs.

It seems that base hits are not calculated right and how rule system applies level bonuses? It seems that total hits are same as Body Development.

And where I should add background options?
    Last edited by Theros; December 7th, 2020 at 18:24.

I am not sure Hits are fully calculated (my tests show the same as what you are saying). It looks like it is not adding the BHT to the total, which you could put into one of the spaces on the Skills tab for the time being.

For Background options, you can add those to the Notes Tab. Anything that you need to modify for a background option can be added where appropriate to the sheet.

If you see the post here, there are a bunch of videos from WolfShield Games that cover Character Creation, Leveling, the Combat Tracker, and a bunch of other things about Rolemaster on FG, I highly recommend them if you are learning.

Yeah the way to handle the base hits is manual at this point. The hits calculation for the skill will make sure to multiple the base hits by bonuses instead of adding them so that it follows Character Law. You will need to do the initial total of Constitution/10 plus the total from the dice rolled for each rank and put that in the rank bonus field. I do have some plans to redo it so more of the process is automated but that will be a future update.

Thread Information