DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Here is a tip for GMs who want a better walk thru that has the charts organized where you need them for your house rules.

Use the "Story" log to make a Character Creation guide. Put () around it so it defaults to the top of the stack ie.(Character Guide).

Now you can type in instructions for your players and make them chat items that can be dragged to the chat box and instantly displayed to remote players w/o typing. You can also make headers and links and all the other cool stuff provided there.

To make a link just right click in your new story entry and select text type - link. Now type in the name for this link and go off and find the table you want it to open. Now just drag the darkened square from the table and drop it in the white box beside this entry.

Once you finish and set the new entry page to unedittable you can share it with other clients that have connected if you want to allow them to roll up their own characters. If not you can use it as a step by step guide to walk them through the process quickly.

[bug report]
    The chart 06-05 link goes to chart 06-06 in the CC walk thru provided by RMC4FG2.
    Last edited by Grendal1971; September 28th, 2009 at 19:47.

Is there an instruction guide???

Okay, been playing rolemaster for 20 years, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out ruleset. Was there a published "how too" manual that I missed? Have not figured out combat, targeting, MM rolls, um, u know, the ruleset. Would love any help.

Thanks

Hi Geewaagh

There isn't a How-To manual with the ruleset, but there are some descriptions on combat etc on the ICE blogs:

https://www.ironcrown.com/index.php?page=blog&c=14

In particular the post called 'Combat Tracker'.

To target an opponent with a weapon, the player or GM can drag the opponent's name from the tracker and drop it on the weapon 'Attack vs' field. If a map and token are being used, the player can also just click the opponent's token to make all the player's attacks and defenses apply to that one opponent.

For MM rolls, the player double-clicks the MM skill chance (shown with shadowed dice), or drags the the skill and drops the dice in the chat window.

Please post if any of this doesn't work for you.

Stuart

Stuart,

Your link and playing around has got me pretty comfortable with the rule set. Have not play tested yet, so there might be a few things left to be discovered. Still kinda perplexed that such a huge undertaking for a FG ruleset did not have any manual to understand the product.

It is a great product by the way. Even if I had to bump around in the dark to discover its capabilities.

Going to dig up all my old Shadow World stuff now.... thanks for the help!
    Geewaagh

Well I finally got the money to buy this and

My friend and I installed it, and we set up everything in what appears to be the correct way.

But when I roll my attack from the combat tracker or from my skill on my character sheet as a player, he as a GM does not get a proper table look up, he gets a error that says no table selected.

I have tried with weapons dragged and dropped frm the arms law and created myself, they clearly have a attack table like 1 handed concussion or 2 handed slashing etc listed on the weapon.

when he has a npc attack me he also does not get any kind of automated attack resolution.

I have read all of the postings on the ICE blog and on the fantasy grounds forums and I do not see anything that I am doing wrong or that would explain the problem.

Please help

Hi ionofrao

There are three things that could cause this problem:
    • The attack table should be the name of a weapon/spell, such as Broadsword, not a weapon type, such as 1HC.
    • The GM needs to have the Arms Law, Spell Law and Character Law modules loaded (see screen shot below), because the table data is stored in those modules.
    • Once the attack resolver pops up on the GM's screen, he needs to double-click the attack in the lower left part of the screen (the roll stack) or right-click on it and select 'Resolve'. The right hand side of the resolver doesn't automatically populate with the roll outcome, otherwise if two players roll in quick succession the GM wouldn't be able to control the process.

To load the modules (sorry if this is teaching you something you already know), click on the modules icon in the top right of the RMC screen (circled in red in the screenshot) and the list of available modules apperas (framed in a red box in the screenshot). The AL, SL and CL modules should all show as an open book, if not then they should be dragged open.

The second attachment shows the resolver: you need to right-click or double-click the attack in the lower left of the screen.

Hope that helps

Stuart
    Last edited by Foen; October 25th, 2009 at 07:24.

Thanks Foen,

That worked great, we are up and attackifying each other :-)

I think it was the part of double clicking on the box to tell it to resolve the attack that my friend was missing.

While I have your attention, I hope you wouldn't mind a few more questions.

1. there is a fumble range on weapons but if you roll a fumble result it still seems to want to compute the result normally, not as a fumble. Is this normal?

2. If there is not a way to automatically index the fumble table, is there some way to drag and drop the result from it if the gm manually rolls and looks up a result on it. As of now it wont let you drag and drop the results from the fumble chart to the individual affected in the combat tracker.

3. If you drag a troll or a dragon from the monster section into the combat tracker they mostly copy over correctly, the only problem is that attacks against them are still made as normal attacks they are not made against the large or super large creature charts as they should be. If this cant be automated could it at least be made so results from those charts can be dragged and dropped onto the combat tracker?

4. Are we allowed to modify our own copy of the game files for our own use?

5. If so can you tell me where the weapons charts are stored (like broadsword chart etc..)

6. Once We are more comfortable with the base use of the program I would really like to modify it for use of the MERP combat charts. (something in me likes that higher results are always better, unlike RM classic where a 88 is better then a 100 on many charts)...

Thank you all for a wonderful program, other then these few miner bumps it seems to be running extremely well and we are really happy with it.

Smile Rolemaster Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by ionofrao
    1. there is a fumble range on weapons but if you roll a fumble result it still seems to want to compute the result normally, not as a fumble. Is this normal?
    When a natural fumble roll occurs, the ruleset should highlight the fumble roll in the attack resolver, and it can be resolved like any other result (right-click the 'F' to open the fumble table).

2. If there is not a way to automatically index the fumble table, is there some way to drag and drop the result from it if the gm manually rolls and looks up a result on it. As of now it wont let you drag and drop the results from the fumble chart to the individual affected in the combat tracker.
    Once the fumble table is open, just as with the critical tables, either the GM or the player must roll a d100. The GM then drags the d100 result from the chat window and drops it on the fumble table. The correct row is then highlighted.

Unfortunately the results from the fumble table cannot be dragged direct to the combat tracker (you can drag them to the chat window to give everyone a laugh).

3. If you drag a troll or a dragon from the monster section into the combat tracker they mostly copy over correctly, the only problem is that attacks against them are still made as normal attacks they are not made against the large or super large creature charts as they should be. If this cant be automated could it at least be made so results from those charts can be dragged and dropped onto the combat tracker?
    You are right that the ruleset doesn't automate those kinds of critical rolls, nor does it automate the slaying/holy etc. I hadn't thought about allowing the results to be dragged and dropped - perhaps it should be added in the next release.

4. Are we allowed to modify our own copy of the game files for our own use?
    Yes, you are, but you cannot redistribute the ruleset or anything derived from it.

5. If so can you tell me where the weapons charts are stored (like broadsword chart etc..)
    The weapon data is in the Arms Law module file (which is a renamed ZIP file). You can find it in the db.xml part of the module.

6. Once We are more comfortable with the base use of the program I would really like to modify it for use of the MERP combat charts. (something in me likes that higher results are always better, unlike RM classic where a 88 is better then a 100 on many charts)...
    We may well release an extension to allow the ruleset to be used with Rolemaster Express, which is quite like MERP. The change is more complex than you might imagine.

Glad you like the ruleset,

Stuart

Guys i am looking to learn to play and GM a game of Rolemaster Classic. It is very intiguing to me. If someone could explain how to resolve actions and attacks and cobat and such, i would apreciate it. Please PM me
    Crit Happens! -JC Can't Reach me? Email me at [email protected]! I do, however, check PM's more than my email so try and PM me first!

Much fun.

After reading your review, I bought fantasy grounds and the rolemaster rule set and absolutely love it. Thank you. I don't know which is more fun for me, making maps for adventures with pro fantasy or playing them with fantasygrounds.

Thread Information