Back our Kickstarter Campaign going on Now
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Call of Cthulhu Game

Experienced Cthulhu Keeper (but novice Fantasy Grounds user Looking to start a Call of Cthulhu campaign. All interested that can have a little patience for my FG2 workings are invited to send a "resume" for playing. Please list the following:

1. Age

2. Day of the week that works best for you - sessions will be from 8:00-11:00 pm. Preferably an agreed upon weekday.

3. Familiarity with Call of Cthulhu and the BRP system - campaigns, modules played in the past.

4. Type of character you are interested in playing. All the standard CoC tropes will be good choices (ie: Private Investigator, Antiquarian, Professor, Diletante, Author). In addition to using the CoC module I have and will use the 6th edition rules, and allow characters from the Investigator's Companion for those who have access to those books.

That's about all - the game will be set in the classic 1920's period and tentatively play once a week. I am looking for a relatively small team of 3-4 investigators (horror works best with smaller groups) Look forward to hearing from interested victims...er I mean investigators.

1. Age - 52

2. Day of the week that works best for you - sessions will be from 8:00-11:00 pm. Preferably an agreed upon weekday. - Any to suit other than Friday or Saturday. I assume you are talking GMT here and not EST or somesuch!

3. Familiarity with Call of Cthulhu and the BRP system - campaigns, modules played in the past. - Been playing CoC since the week the second edition came out - had a two year gap then returned to roleplaying once more. Now all the lads I used to role with have moved away and I have to resort to FG and the like <sigh>. Done most of the biggies from both sides of the screen though am only now working through HotOE. Not really all that familiar with BRP though, but have done Stormbringer / Elric; Pendragon and Runequest - so am conversant with D% systems.

4. Type of character you are interested in playing. All the standard CoC tropes will be good choices (ie: Private Investigator, Antiquarian, Professor, Diletante, Author). In addition to using the CoC module I have and will use the 6th edition rules, and allow characters from the Investigator's Companion for those who have access to those books. - Depends on setting and what's needed I can do most of the tropes fairly well. Would prefer a male character but other than that I'm flexible.

Sorry to not include time zone - I'm in Ohio (eastern time zone)

1. Age 40
    2. Friday best, maybe Thursday, I'm Eastern time zone
    3. Relatively new to CoC. I've been playing PbP for over half a year. But I get the game. Currently playing HotOE (with Cearlan below), a homegrown 1920s campaign, and a modern campaign.
    4. Been playing a medical doctor, a priest, and investment banker (modern). Open to dilletante or conman (or combination of the two)...

I don't own FG yet, haven't bought since the interest seems light and thought it might make sense to keep it generic with Skype or similar. Seems difficult to find anyone to play text-based game. The FG interface of course looks great.

Ah that could prove to be a bit of a problem then. What's that 5 or 6 hours behind me then (GMT). If you need a weekday evening then that will rule me out I'm afraid.

Good luck with it though

Norm

1. Age 32
    2. Currently PST, but that will be changing to CST shortly. The specified EST times are fine with me, any day Monday - Thursday is fine with me, I'm open to weekend gaming too
    3. Not a ton of CoC experience, sorry. I played a bit back during the 1st edition days. I get up to speed quickly though.
    4. I'm reasonably flexible to group needs, as long as the group is worth playing with. My personal preferences tend to run toward the CoC sanity-losing mages or gritty gumshoes. I also tend to pick based on mechanics that appeal to me, so I'll have to read the books to see what sounds fun to play.

1. Age: thirty-something
    2. Eastern (ohio) Wednesdays or Thursdays best
    3. Very familiar with CoC and some modules - waiting to play Mountains of Madness
    4. I prefer playing a psychologist, doctor or occult book store owner...

Looks like we're shaping up nicely. I should have the first module done in about a week. Looking at starting next Thursday (the 13th). Will be getting in touch with people soon and suggesting tropes if none have been selected. Still looking for 1 more person

1. 25

2. Tursday is fine from 8:00-11:00pm, which would be 7:00-10:00CST

3. Familiarity with Call of Cthulhu and the BRP system. Have played the CoC/BRP system for about two years.

4. Character type Ive played, have been professor, doctor, detective, etc. I think I might try a news reporter.

If you are still looking for another player .
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

upcoming 1st session

Just a friendly reminder, 1st session will be this Thursday 8:00 - 11:00 (eastern) or so, I sent a message to players selected for the sessions and those players will also be receiving the login words on Wednesday. Any questions - send me an email, see you Thursday.

Devin

Thread Information