5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Into the Ghoul's cave

I was planning to take more screenshots during tonights game and only managed to take 1, forgetting to do more as i tried to manage my game. This was the 2nd time playing in FG for my group, I think we are starting to get the hang of it

And I posted the cave map in the armory now that my players have explored it.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=10584

Flavor Text! (Or, too much time on my hands over the 4th of July break)

I like your DM graphic in chat. Too much flavor text for me... I ad lib all that usually, but I use voice. It doesn't look like you do.

If you putting that much detail in it, in your room descritions you might consider adding Lighting settings. They can add a lot of atmosphere, but I always forget to use them unless I have something down to remind me.

I'm glad you like the icon.

I will not have this much flavor text in most cases. For one i had some extra free time, and two, This was an elite enemy (probably should have made him solo) so I thought the extra damage flavor text fit the moment. I had been building up to the ghoul encounter on our website where we handle non-encounter story between games. It also turned out that we didn't have voice chat this time.

On the lighting, the cave was completely dark (the torches had burned out over a day before) and I wasn't sure what the players would choose to do for light sources. (Would love for light source to be added to FG, even better would be auto erase masking as they explore. But a simple radius built into their token would help.) And if you are talking about the FG desktop lighting settings, then yes, I should have made it dark but forgot
    Last edited by TFWoods3; July 10th, 2009 at 07:11.

Irkenfirk
    Thanks for posting those screen shots. You've given me a few great ideas for flavour text for my upcoming campaign.

Hey Woods,

How'd you get the square player icons in the corner? My guys all have the gold circle ones. Also, how'd you get the DM graphic in there?

Thanks.

Dan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dcook22
    Hey Woods,

How'd you get the square player icons in the corner? My guys all have the gold circle ones. Also, how'd you get the DM graphic in there?

Thanks.

Dan
    I think you can write an extension where the element in your extension.xml contains something like:

Code:

<base>

<icon name="portrait_gm_token" file="icons/<name of your graphic file>.png"/>  <!-- to replace GM Portrait in Chat -->

<icon name="charlist_base" file="icons/<name of your graphic file>.png"/> <!-- to replace the Portrait Border Icon -->

<icon name="charlist_mask" file="icons/<name of your graphic file>.png"/> <!-- to replace the Portrait Border Mask Icon -->
    </base>

The extension will also need an icons subfolder containing your three replaced icon/graphical images.
    Last edited by Zeus; August 24th, 2009 at 09:33.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thanks Zeph. Where can those editable lines be found?

Thread Information