FG Spreadshirt Swag

Payback for Tenian!

So my turn is coming up and I need to post this quickly, but this was my last turn in our Ten Scales campaign:

Attachment 799

I should mention that was my second and THIRD crit out of five attacks so far. If I could get out of these freakin' webs I'd have cleared the encounter by now!

EDIT - Jeezus, three rounds later, I threw my greatsword at it. :P I'm now weaponless and still immobilized. :P
    Last edited by Xorn; June 18th, 2009 at 03:31.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Cool ... looks like you guys are having fun

Silly barbarians broke my encounter Ettercaps are supposedly one of the harder encounters too. You know for normal people who don't open the encounter with a surprise charge crit and take an ettercap guard from full to 25% hps....

Behold the glory that is Tak (aka Xorne)

He got immobilized more than once:

Effect 'Immobilized' allows a saving throw [on Tak]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 9]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 17]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 9]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 7]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 6]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 5]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 6]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [FAILURE] [1d20 = 8]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 15]
    Tak -> Saving Throw [SUCCESS] [1d20 = 14]
    Guess it wasn't all 20s!

My players had a REALLY bad run of the dice a while back. They could hardly do anything. No-one was hitting, saving throws were failing ... and yet my DM dice were fine! Naturally, the players started to blame the FG2 random number generation algorithms, but we had all read that forum post on here somewhere where it got tested to death with a script and proved to follow the expected patterns. What to do when the dice fall bad? It's never easy. As an old gaming friend of mine used to say, "It's the bad rolls that'll get you."
    DNH
    "Lost in Karameikos"

Um, how does that adage go? The difference between an adventuring party and five corpses? Knowing when to run...

Bad dice are a game system's way of representing a "bad day."

That's when it's time to pull a DM trump card and help the party survive for the sake of keeping the story alive, unless they keep getting themselves in trouble from bad strategy/etc, then they can enjoy the pain of starting over. The DM always has the power to turn things around for the players if need be.

We weren't in dire straits though--I was comfortable enough with our chances to throw my greatsword at one of the ettercaps! (Missing wildly and losing my sword, incidentally.)
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Thread Information