STAR TREK 2d20

Game Won't Start

I am none too sharp with the computers so I could use some step by step explanations if possible.

I downloaded the DM version of the game onto my computer. When I open the game it goes to the Updater which seems to work it says that it is done. I assume this means that I am connected to the server. After that nothing happens. I was able to run the demo version without trouble. Any thoughts?

Here is more information on my computer.

CPU Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz

CPU Speed You Have: 3.00 GHz Performance Rated at 5.40 GHz

System RAM 3.0 GB

Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build 6000)

Video Card Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family)

Video RAM: Required 256 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Yes
    Video HW Transform & Lighting: No

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX) 7.14.10.1461

DirectX Version 10.0

It shouldn't go to the updater unless it's the first time you run it. Make sure you are running as an Admin, since you are in Vista. I'm sorry, but I forgot how to do that... if you're still having trouble, let us know. What shortcut are you clicking to run FG, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneZ
    It shouldn't go to the updater unless it's the first time you run it. Make sure you are running as an Admin, since you are in Vista. I'm sorry, but I forgot how to do that... if you're still having trouble, let us know. What shortcut are you clicking to run FG, for example?
    This was the first time I have run the program. The demo ran although I have not tried to have anyone connect to my game yet. Sorry, should have mentioned that. I have a desktop icon that I click on. Running as Admin eh?

I tried running as Admin with the same result. Got the updater - it updated - I clicked done and nothing. Interesting.

Problem solved. Apparently, my key wasn't right. Thanks.

Thread Information