5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Ah, i see... thanks

Like Xorne I usually have a map that has just the marching order - 5 foot and 10 wide and watch orders on it.

The other map was the complete (much lower image resolution) map which I use as an exploration map. Then I typically use encounter maps when we need a more exact tactical map.

I'm thinking about dropping the encounter battlemaps though--following some of Griogre's tips I've gotten my exploration maps pretty small in file size, while still looking good.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

My group tried a full map for KotS and we love it. I made the map in photoshop without too much work using a 50 px grid which made the level 1 map come out at 3500x3500. The jpg is only 2.7 mb which loads within about 10 seconds and also for several sessions, it's going to be the only image they see

Quote Originally Posted by Zoso
    My group tried a full map for KotS and we love it. I made the map in photoshop without too much work using a 50 px grid which made the level 1 map come out at 3500x3500. The jpg is only 2.7 mb which loads within about 10 seconds and also for several sessions, it's going to be the only image they see
    Same here, I made a full level one at 50x50 squares that came in just under 1 mb that I plan on using. Posted here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=10547

I may re-save it at a higher quality level if you can load yours at almost 3mb with no problem.

I like to keep my map files small so my sepiaed keep level 1 map is only 1105x966 with 18x18 pixel squares and is a 463K png file.

Thread Information