FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!"

My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds

Rating: 3 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey everyone.

I just wanted to do a State of the Fantasy Grounds Union blog. At least for me.

For anyone who has heard my name, you know that I am HEAVILY involved in the community. Fantasy Grounds really did save my life, see previous blog entry.

As 2019 closes out, I have been reflecting on what exactly my involvement has been in the last 4 years...

This will seem (and perhaps is intended to be) a bit self-congratulatory but only because it really is amazing to me what I have been able to accomplish in the last 4 years.

I found the software in September 2015 and was very excited to learn about it and use it. I bought EVERYTHING that was available at the time for the D&D 5E ruleset and the Ultimate license, it was a few hundred bucks. The NEXT DAY (I mean in less than 24 hours) it ALL went on sale. I couldn't believe my (lack of) luck. I emailed this dude, Doug Davison, I found his name on the forums. He was kind enough to give me a full refund and then I just repurchased everything at the sale price. Well, needless to say, this made me a CUSTOMER for life!

But then things progressed...

I started playing games. I thought, maybe I'll stream these games on Twitch. In October 2015 I "turned on" Twitch. I'm old (49 at the time), I don't know how to do it, I just did it. Just push the button. 4 years later, I still really don't know what I'm doing. My streams and YouTube videos are not highly produced or edited. They're just kind of "there". But my small little following seems to enjoy...

So far I have 900+ videos on YouTube, almost all of them multi-hour gaming sessions using Fantasy Grounds (and mostly D&D 5E).

In November 2016, I started a Discord server. That's now up to over 600 members. This is just people who like to hang out and talk to me (and each other mostly HA!).

I also began to produce items for the DMs Guild in January 2016, and since then have collaborated with over 100 other creators helping them to bring their creations to the Fantasy Grounds format. I also have a "team" of people I produce with:

Online Name (DMs Guild Name)

Mattekure (John Waite)
WalkinDude (Shuan Sides)
Marbanya (Liam MacGregor)
DiabloBob (DiabloBob)

There are now (as of this blog) 183 products on DMs Guild. Also, (shameless plug), on DEC 24th and 25th 2019 - 48 HOURS ONLY! - I will have the "Rob Twohy Fantasy Grounds INSANITY [BUNDLE]" on sale. This is EVERY SINGLE ITEM on DMs Guild I have ever produced at 75% off. If you already own any of my items, it will give you credit for them and reduce the price. This really is INSANE!

I also have 47 items in the FantasyGrounds.com and STEAM websites (as I also became a community developer for them).

Here is the public projects list, including upcoming projects.

Since I was such a fan and heavy personal promoter of the software, that same dude I mentioned before (Doug Davison president of SmiteWorks) decided to hire me as one of the social media managers on February 1st, 2018. I am the main person who handles the Tweets and the Twitters. I also produce the #FantasyGroundsFriday tips everyone sees on Twitter and Facebook each week.

I started a Patreon Page, a shitty website rob2e.com, and have just generally been having a LOT OF FUN interacting with the Fantasy Grounds community.

In August 2019 I attended the Fantasy Grounds Kickstarter Launch Party. It was fun, even though it HAD TO BE in Orlando, Florida. FLORIDA - the anus of the world. It was nice to connect with the entire staff and some other users. Unity is gonna KILL IT!

I would like to thank all of you who have supported me (in whatever way you have) and hope to enjoy doing this for you for many years to come.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year.

Rob Twohy (rob2e)
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Submit "My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds" to Digg Submit "My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds" to del.icio.us Submit "My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds" to Google Submit "My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds" to Facebook Submit "My PERSONAL State of the Union for Fantasy Grounds" to Twitter

Updated April 9th, 2021 at 18:42 by rob2e

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Here's the link to the INSANITY [BUNDLE] post...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...373#post468373
    As someone who buys a lot of your stuff, I had wondered how long it took you to get into FG. Only since 2015. Wow. that explains why your first bundle is from 2016, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade
    As someone who buys a lot of your stuff, I had wondered how long it took you to get into FG. Only since 2015. Wow. that explains why your first bundle is from 2016, lol.
    Ya, I started creating only about 3 months after discovering FG.

...and THANX for your support GavinRuneblade!
    Glad to hear Rob, happy to hear you are doing so well. You contribute a great deal to the community, and it is appreciated!
STAR TREK 2d20