DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

Natural Plenty

I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D

Rate this Entry
A while back I blogged about the start of a Crafting/Professions system I'm working on for 5th Edition D&D.

Things are going swimmingly on my end. I intend to create this whole system as a PDF and a module for use in Fantasy Grounds.
Behind the curtain, its really some rules/guidelines for how I've expanded on the meager crafting and professions rules/guidelines outlined in the Dungeon Master's Guide. And by expanded, I really mean it.

In this module/pdf you will find Professions, how players can learn these crafts, what they need to make things, so on and so forth.
The module/pdf has DOZENS UPON DOZENS of items (ore, ingots, herbs, so on and so forth), recipes for just about everything you can think of. Perks and powers given to high-level Smiths, Scribes, Alchemists and the like.
Guidelines and suggestions for Dungeon Masters on how to incorporate these rules/guidelines on home-brewed items like your Staff of Sheer Awesomeness or Evil Wizard's Robes, or what-have-you so that the system is mold-able to your setting, your worlds, your games and your players. Again, just guidelines here. D&D is beautiful because you can do just that, and make everything your own.

A few blog posts back I had shown that I had really stripped down all the professions, but I have decided against that. The final product will include rules, formulae and profession guides for the following professions:
  • Alchemist
  • Enchanter
  • Scribe
  • Jeweler
  • Tinker
  • Tailor
  • Leatherworker
  • Armorsmith
  • Weaponsmith

So, here's the thing: I will be sharing this module via the Dungeon Master's guild, but at no cost. Yes, free. I like free things. You should like them too. But also, there is merit in things that you buy, I just don't feel that this is content I've made that I should charge for. That's all.

Once it goes up on the DMsG, I'd like it to be sort of... Playtest type material at first. I'd like lots of people to use it in their groups and tell me how it should be tweaked. I have a fear that some things in a D&D world should not be craftable even by the mightiest heroes or artisans of the lands. Maybe some things should? In this regard, I'd like as much feedback from the playerbase as possible (from those that are interested in this sort of supplement, anyhow). Then I can sort of mold the pdf/module based on community feedback. I cannot possibly test everything within the one weekly group I DM for, and our experiences will in no way represent the experiences of the general masses either. And yes, I am aware I cannot make everyone happy, too. But making lots of folks happy using their feedback would be a goal of mine anyway.

That all being said, the module/pdf as a whole SHOULD be ready to go up by February 26th. So with that all out of the way, I AM SO EXCITED TO SHARE IT ALL! Now back I go to tidying up things and more formatting! HUZZAH!

Submit "I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D" to Digg Submit "I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D" to del.icio.us Submit "I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D" to Google Submit "I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D" to Facebook Submit "I'll need some Play-testers soon for Crafting and Professions Rules for 5E D&D" to Twitter

Updated February 21st, 2017 at 17:26 by Remedeez

Categories
Crafting

Comments

:confused:
    23-21-25-22-26-24= 6? not -95??
    or
    21-22-23-24-25-26 = 6? not -99?
    something is wrong with my calculator!!!
    [I]"something missing in the middle
    oh, boy maybe is it riddle?"[/I]
    Have you seen FantasyCraft by Crafty Games? It has some of what you describe here also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs
    Have you seen FantasyCraft by Crafty Games? It has some of what you describe here also.
    I've heard of it, but I always thought it was its own... standalone ruleset. Like Pathfinder. Or Sword & Sorcery. Or D&D 5E. Etc.
    I'd have to look into it more to see. Thanks!
    I wouldn't mind testing it in my homebrew campaign. Though it sounds like it would be doubly fun as a player... a rouge jeweller who sets up her own Etsy shop in Phlan...
    Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan
    I wouldn't mind testing it in my homebrew campaign. Though it sounds like it would be doubly fun as a player... a rouge jeweller who sets up her own Etsy shop in Phlan...
    Haha! Etsy shop in Phlan! Love it!
    Did you happen to finish this? it sounds awesome
FG Spreadshirt Swag