FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Talyn

Project #2: Jericho Rose

Rate this Entry
Interface Zero is awesome. Period. There is no argument to the contrary. Hardcore, mature cyberpunk (or would it be post-cyberpunk since it's in the future not an alternate 80s?) with action movie flare for the win!

John Wick is awesome. Period. There is no argument to the contrary.

So when John Wick writes an adventure for Interface Zero? Yeah, you bet I'm going to jump right on that. I mean, c'mon, this is John. Effing. Wick!

As you can see, I used the Reference Manual presentation I had learned while doing Lankhmar: City of Thieves and put it to full use here. I split it up into two different methods:

1. The Reference Manual contains all the text from the actual scenario PDF including all the background information on the characters and the story so the GM can use that to prep. That means all the Story content is there, too, so a GM can run Jericho Rose totally from the Reference Manual if she wishes.
  2. The Story content is also contained in Fantasy Ground's normal campaign Story window like every other Fantasy Grounds product so that there is no confusion. Only the Story content is in the Story window however, so it's not bloated with extra unnecessary stuff.

If you're not familiar with Jericho Rose, it's a cyberpunk noir adventure. To put it mildly, it's dark, it's gritty, and there's a very high probability that it won't end well. Excellent stuff! No rainbows and kittens happy ending here, no sir!

It's also sorta-kinda sandboxy. Mr. Wick set up twelve scenes and at the end of each scene presented directions on which scene should be next based on the players' discoveries or actions. In the Story windows, each scene has links for the GM to click to bring up the next scene.

There's also quite a bit of dialogue, all of which are put into chat frames so the GM can simply click the button if he wishes to utilize that feature of Fantasy Grounds, or read it out loud. I believe GMs should have choices and GM with their own style so I tried to write this conversion to allow for varying GM styles.

I hope you all enjoy the first official IZ2.0 adventure scenario for Fantasy Grounds! Thanks for reading and your support, and happy gaming!

Attachment 15373

Submit "Project #2: Jericho Rose" to Digg Submit "Project #2: Jericho Rose" to del.icio.us Submit "Project #2: Jericho Rose" to Google Submit "Project #2: Jericho Rose" to Facebook Submit "Project #2: Jericho Rose" to Twitter

Updated October 18th, 2016 at 04:26 by Talyn

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

DICE PACKS BUNDLE