STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Storm King's Thunder - Repercussions

Title - Repercussions

Session Summary

The party made it the rest of the way to Bryn Shander where discovered that the name "Icewind Dale" was very appropriate. We road in on the horses of the dead Seven Snakes assassins and were greeted pleasantly by the local Deputy, a young female Dwarf who kept winking away at Travok. We expressed that we had a personal message for the Sheriff and that we would like to procure lodging and some ...

Updated February 20th, 2017 at 17:40 by ddavison

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Crossroads -- Start Here

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Okay--full disclosure

I LOVE the Fantasy Grounds product, and even though I haven't used it much these last 6 years, I've always had it installed on my desktop and laptop.
    Heck, if they had an iPhone version, I'd make the switch today. I'm not paid to do this review, the views are my own, and I just want to learn FG and share it with you.
    3.2 is here folks. I've had a chance to go through it, play a game or two with it:
  3. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

Setting Default Visibilities for Conditional Effects (e.g. Prone)

This is one in a series of Combat Tracker EVOE blog posts. The series index can be found here.

As with nearly every preceding blog post I start out contrasting FG with and without EVOE. Why break tradition? A portion of the GM’s Effect Manager Utility and Combat Tracker are shown in each of the two panels in the first screenshot.. The upper panel displays information without using EVOE, the lower panel ...
  4. Let’s Use the Combat Tracker Effect Visibility Options Extension

EVOE Demands Better Role Playing

This is one in a series of Combat Tracker EVOE blog posts. The series index can be found here.

I’m going to detour a little from my usual this time and talk about how EVOE asks more of me, the DM, in terms of role playing. My shortcomings became readily apparent this past weekend when our group play tested the next version of EVOE.

I have a great group; how could they not be: two of the players are my mid-twenty-year-old ...
  5. VTT Comparison Chart between the different versions of Fantasy Grounds vs Roll20

Before you choose the VTT that is best for you, it might make sense to look over this short summary chart that compares the primary named features. I know it can be expanded out further since sometimes a single line item on a chart doesn't adequately describe or convey the importance of the item at work. In order to fully compare the two, it might be worth checking out the free 30-day trial of Fantasy Grounds and also trying the free version of Roll20. At the end of the day, there is a limited free ...
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE