DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

bigbluepaw

1. Actionable Roleplaying Tips: Engaging Your Companions

Alright. Ready to sink your teeth into a good roleplaying topic? I think this is one of my favorite ones.

Inter-party discussions is one of the most interesting roleplaying opportunities in the game. In this post, you’ll find a few suggestions on how to instigate such discussions as well as prepare for them.

Before we get started, however, let’s quickly revisit the purpose of this whole series. Here’s a quote from the first post.

How do I take

Updated May 19th, 2017 at 20:39 by bigbluepaw

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Actionable Roleplaying Tips: Preparing to Homebase

Alright folks. Ready for the second post in the series? Well, here it comes.

If you need a quick reminder about the series, here’s a recap from the first post.

How do I take some actionable steps to prepare to roleplay?

Sharing the my answers to that question is the purpose of this four-part post series. I’m not suggesting this is the best course of action for everyone. All I know is that it worked for me. It gave me something actionable. It

Updated May 19th, 2017 at 20:38 by bigbluepaw

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Actionable Roleplaying Tips: Narrating Combat

So there it was: I had just been accepted to a campaign on Fantasy Grounds.

At that time, I had DMed many games here on Fantasy Grounds. However, it had been some time since I had played. And if you have done both, then you know there is a difference. As a DM, you try to plan the nominal path the players will follow and plan for contingencies. Well, at least, that is how I do it. As a player, however, things are a little different. The group I was joining wanted to roleplay. ...

Updated May 19th, 2017 at 20:39 by bigbluepaw

Categories
    Uncategorized
FG Spreadshirt Swag