DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Actionable Roleplaying Tips: Engaging Your Companions

Alright. Ready to sink your teeth into a good roleplaying topic? I think this is one of my favorite ones.

Inter-party discussions is one of the most interesting roleplaying opportunities in the game. In this post, you’ll find a few suggestions on how to instigate such discussions as well as prepare for them.

Before we get started, however, let’s quickly revisit the purpose of this whole series. Here’s a quote from the first post.

How do I take

Updated May 19th, 2017 at 20:39 by bigbluepaw

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Actionable Roleplaying Tips: Preparing to Homebase

Alright folks. Ready for the second post in the series? Well, here it comes.

If you need a quick reminder about the series, here’s a recap from the first post.

How do I take some actionable steps to prepare to roleplay?

Sharing the my answers to that question is the purpose of this four-part post series. I’m not suggesting this is the best course of action for everyone. All I know is that it worked for me. It gave me something actionable. It

Updated May 19th, 2017 at 20:38 by bigbluepaw

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Open door, kill monster, loots and repeat.

Many of us started role playing games that way, we would enter a dungeons/ruins/castle for some reason, explore rooms after rooms, killing monsters along the way for loots. Then go back to town, sell the loots for gold and buy nice gear for our characters so we can do it again.

It was the way most of D&D adventure were created 30 years ago, many new players coming from computer game think like that too, and there's nothing wrong if that's the kind of game you want to play. I have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. We have left the containment field …

… and it's a good thing!!!

As we continue to play through the Lost Mines adventures, my players have come to that point where they are side tracked by the sand box adventure options. They are meant to give the players the opportunity to level up their characters in preporation for the main theme line and keep things from being too rail roadie. I was pleased on how they treated Agatha the Banshee. The players are suppose to woo the answer to Sister Giselle's question from the angry ...

Updated May 4th, 2017 at 23:20 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Are you a 5e DnD Rogue? We have one opening left to fill for Saturday Afternoons CST!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    Dear Sneaky,
    We need a Rogue PC soon...
    Looking to form a positive, fun, creative DnD 5e group. Please have the patience, helpfulness, and willingness to grow this group....!
    Yin=99%, Yang=?

Style: Fantasy 98%, Tech 2%
    Ratio/ Balance 60% Gaming, 40% Role-play
    Worlds :Forgotten Realms- Sword Coast Regions
    Rule-sets: 5e SRD, 5e Core, 3rd Party or custom rules or adding must be discussed. Please no home-brew stuff for now.

Chat
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 21 of 61 First ... 11192021222331 ... Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag