View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Gather Your Weapons

This time I’ll talk about information: Smiteworks online documents and web pages, outside web sites, coding tutorials, and code editors.

Detour: In this and future blog posts I will mark little excursions into off topic or background information with a “Detour”. This time it will be the typical disclaimer: All recommendations made by me, are simply that, mine. They in no way reflect the opinions or policies of Smiteworks nor are they endorsements by Smiteworks.

Fantasy ...

Updated May 5th, 2016 at 23:28 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Inspiration For Adventure - Swamp Witch

I draw inspiration for the torture - sorry, adventures - I put my players through from many sources; movies, books, magazine articles, and of course, songs. Swamp Witch by Jim Stafford is one of my favourites - it’s a “southern, Louisiana-style” slow ballad that just drips with adventure ideas and plot. If you can, see if you can locate a copy and have a listen - you’ll be glad you did!

In the meantime, I’ve written out the lyrics here to provide my fellow ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. DC 12 Craft Check - Part 1

Reading Doug's post on dice inspired me to write about a nice Christmas gift I gave each of my players a few years back.

At the time we were a face-to-face group, and as so often happens in such a setting our gaming table was often overflowing with paper, pencils, rule books, minatures, dice, snacks, drinks... you name it - and I have an old "Board Room" Conference Table as my gaming table, and it was still overflowing! Suffice it to say, dice would go everywhere when we ...

Updated September 17th, 2016 at 02:47 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Conan 2d20 Impressions

Who doesn't like Conan, and who wouldn't want a chance to adventure rich world of Robert E Howard? When Shotgun Jolly first pointed me in the direction of Modiphius' 2d20 Conan system in its Kickstarter stage I was initially intrigued.

After downloading the quick start rules a read, I became really hesitant about looking deeper at what Modiphius was doing with the setting and rules. To be honest I have never played or looked at any of the newer d(x) systems, fate, gumshoe, or anything ...
  5. How to Build a Successful Long-term Gaming Group

“Only a fool learns from his own mistakes. The wise man learns from the mistakes of others.”

- Otto Von Bismark

As the popularity of online tabletop RPGs explodes, so too does the collective frustration of all the new players who can’t find a game. I have been successfully playing RPGs online for over 10 years now and want to share some hard-earned wisdom that will help you improve the odds of having a great experience.

Many of you have come ...

Updated August 23rd, 2017 at 11:04 by Answulf

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last