DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Fear of the Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by H.P. Lovecraft
    The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
    For the initial part of this discussion, I intend to elaborate on elements that Lovecraft discusses in his Supernatural Horror in Literature article.

Lovecraft truly hit the nail on the head with this statement. Whenever time is spent contemplating the true nature of fear, the road inevitably leads to the unknown. There are greater philosophers ...
    Categories
    Writing , Horror
  2. Creating Horror in Fantasy Grounds

In the interest of sparking new discussions, I've decided to start the conversation with how to create horror in VTT. Many of you know a variety of techniques to scare your players, from appropriate music and lighting to the inevitable "BOO!" moment around the table. Unfortunately, many of these techniques do not translate well to the VTT environment. How do you use mood lighting when all you can do is control screen color? Where does the "BOO!" come from if you find your ...

Updated November 14th, 2013 at 04:35 by Bubo

Categories
    Writing , Horror
  3. Sunday Morning and PFS Rivalry's End

We had a good morning on Sunday, controlled the situation nicely and held off the herd of giants and lamias in Rise of the Runelords. Pharius was rockin' again, kicking some major giant tail while keeping the biggest and baddest of them off the back of our crew. Overall we hit them like a well oiled machine. Very nice.

Peanut and I played in Rivalry's End on Monday night. There are a lot of changes coming in Season 5 of the PFS and I have to admit I'm a little frustrated with the ...

Updated August 13th, 2013 at 22:10 by Blackfoot

Categories
    Weekly Games
  4. 13th age or Numenera?

I started down the 13th Age path with FG2 3.0. I extracted the 4E ruleset (since I figured it was pretty close and I could remove things that don't match).

It's working fine. I've updated the License, changed the logo.png, and even removed the wyvern background from 4E and put a 25% transparent 13th Age logo on instead.

I've also updated the main character sheet some. I have the Name, Race, Class, Level and the Ability scores rearranged to look similar to the 13th ...

Updated August 13th, 2013 at 20:06 by morgurth (Adding a category)

Categories
    Rulesets
  5. PFS Friday...

Since the little woman was going to be out Friday Night playing Bunco with the girls, I took a last go at First Steps 2 and 3 before they are retired next Weds. the 14th. I had a good group of fellows, some of whom I've played with before and several new guys.

I've run Part 2 eight times now and Part 3 six and it amazes me how differently they play each time. (Those of you who played surely heard me comment on it as it struck me funny at the time.... sorry for being repetitive) Anyway... ...

Updated August 11th, 2013 at 05:35 by Blackfoot

Categories
    Weekly Games
Page 60 of 61 First ... 105058596061 Last
STAR TREK 2d20