FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Am I An Addict?

Am I an addict? Am I addicted to the endorphic pleasure that creating brings me? Is that why I do it? Is that why I do little else?

It's true that I enjoy writing code; that I enjoy solving the problems that invariable crop up in attempting to command a computer to perform new and varied tasks. I enjoy also that others think my creations are good; good enough to use and good enough to wait in anticipation for the next upgrade or the next new piece of work (although not, apparently, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 4 wickedly Savage Tales coming your way

I really haven't dome as much over the last three of four days as I originally planned. Weather has been great so I took some time to enjoy it. I did manage to get all of the text information for all four of the Savage Tales entered. The bestiary entries have been started, and all that remains after those are the images/maps and pre-gens.

One of the issues with the images in the Winter Eternal setting book is that the non-color artwork does not copy well at all. They turn into an ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Dumping DB's Field Names (2 of 2)

This session I will implement some Lua script to dump database field names to the console.

Two housekeeping items:
    (1) This blog is very long. I was required to divide it into two parts. This is part 2 of 2.
    (2) You should consider making your browser full-screen so that the code displays correctly.

After saving the file, reloading the ruleset, and bringing up the character, my console information is as expected. Next step - implementing a terminating ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 02:12 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Dumping DB's Field Names (1 of 2)

This session I will implement some Lua script to dump database field names to the console.

Two housekeeping items:
    (1) This blog is very long. I was required to divide it into two parts. This is part 1 of 2.
    (2) You should consider making your browser full-screen so that the code displays correctly.

I shall try to describe my tactics in solving a problem but not each and every step of their implementation. In a previous post I looked at the <inventorylist> ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 02:13 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - XML and Lua, Why?

Most, if not all programs, when stripped down to their very essence do one thing, manipulate data. That’s all Fantasy Grounds does: whether you are constructing a character sheet or rolling a d20 to determine surprise, FG is using your input, the data you supplied, in some predetermined process. FG uses two “languages” to provide extensibility. What do the two languages, XML and Lua bring to this table? XML is a standardized methodology of providing easy access to data. Lua is a methodology ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 02:14 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 47 of 61 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE