FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Reuniting: Keeping Track of NPC's

Very early on in my DM days (1980) I realized that I was terrible at making up fantasy names on the spot. It often happened that a PC would unexpectedly strike up a conversation with some blacksmith’s apprentice or farmer’s wife, and all of a sudden I would need a name for an NPC for whom I had no details whatsoever. Every time, my mind would freeze up and all I could come up with were painfully normal names.

Me: “Uh, the apprentice’s name is, uh, um, Fred”
    Player: “Fred?
  2. Twitch featured my channel using Fantasy Grounds, and it was HUGE!

by , December 15th, 2016 at 04:52 (Rob2e's "Fantasy Grounds - The Experience!")
    Twitch contacted me a few weeks ago and explained they were wanting to spotlight RPG channels, and would I be interested. It entailed being featured on the front page of the Twitch website for two hours. I said sure. I prepared my Twitch channel, made sure all my proper links were set up, got a chat command to point people to fantasygrounds.com when they would inevitably ask, "What is this? What program are you using?"

It was crazy. I topped out at 1,258 concurrent ...

Updated December 17th, 2016 at 22:40 by rob2e

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Reuniting the Band: Step Aboard the Holodeck!

As I mentioned in one of my early posts I got Fantasy Grounds in order to restart my old AD&D campaign from 1990. Happily, I was able to recruit enough previous players and old friends to get started. We did a bit of testing, got VOIP chat working, and I got some tokens and maps made up. The characters were converted to D&D 3.5, and enough NPC’s were converted to get us started. I had written up some handouts about the campaign setting, and the basics of combat in 3.5,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Crossroads -- Start Here

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Okay--full disclosure

I LOVE the Fantasy Grounds product, and even though I haven't used it much these last 6 years, I've always had it installed on my desktop and laptop.
    Heck, if they had an iPhone version, I'd make the switch today. I'm not paid to do this review, the views are my own, and I just want to learn FG and share it with you.
    3.2 is here folks. I've had a chance to go through it, play a game or two with it:
  5. Elderly Fire Elemental

The other day I was perusing the Monster Manual for a suitable foe for the party, and my eye wandered across the listing for "Elder Fire Elemental". But for whatever reason, my brain read it as "Elderly Fire Elemental", which made me giggle. The idea kept bouncing around in my skull for a couple days, so I knew I had to write it down.

So without further ado, here it is. Enjoy!

Fire Elemental, Elderly
    Huge Elemental
    Hit Dice:
    Tags: humor, monster
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 34 of 61 First ... 24323334353644 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE