STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Confessions of a 50 Year Old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part V

Everyone has a story inside of them. That's what my father-in-law told my wife and I shortly before he passed away. He self-published a book that we helped him put together. He banged it out on a typewriter while living aboard his fishing vessel, and I retyped the whole story in electronic format. I feel I have a story too and have always loved writing. I also had a dream to do a voiceover in animation. While I may never accomplish that, D&D allows you to tell stories and by golly, if you want ...

Updated July 21st, 2015 at 07:03 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Confessions of a 50 Year Old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part IV

I feel compelled to write more about what was happening in the world of geekdom during the 15 year gap between the time when we stopped playing in Krynn around 1993 and when we started playing again in Fantasy Grounds in 2008. First, we were all able to go back a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...I snuck into the showing of a movie that I did not intend to watch to see the trailer to Star Wars Episode I. It looked fantastic at the time. My final opinion on it after seeing all three? I hung ...

Updated February 25th, 2024 at 06:20 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Confessions of a 50 year old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part III

"The world is changed. I feel in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost." -Galadriel. So Krynn is where Lolth flung us, and it was an epic world indeed. It took us a long time to travel through Krynn with my character Shandorf playing the part of Flint Fireforge and Randy's character Evro taking the place of Tanis Half-Elven. We didn't make it all the way through Krynn however. During this time, Randy got married. You might be inclined to ...

Updated July 16th, 2015 at 01:27 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Confessions of a 50 year old Dungeons and Dragons Player Part II

"Like a bat out of hell, I'll be gone when the morning comes. When the night is over, like a bat out of hell, I'll be gone, gone, gone." Everyone's life has a soundtrack. This song was one of the songs on my soundtrack. I love Meat Loaf. Not the food, although meat loaf is pretty good. The singer. And not 2015 Meat Loaf. 1970's, big, sweaty, hair falling in his face, singing like his head is going to explode Meat Loaf. And those fantasy artwork album covers were fantastic. I know Meat ...

Updated July 11th, 2015 at 11:45 by Niles

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Confessions of a 50 year old Dungeons and Dragons player

"Boys, go down to the hobby store. I want you to pick up a new game called Dungeons and Dragons. We'll take it home and play it tonight," said my friend's mother, Joan Cox. Joan was a published author of two science fiction novels, Star Web and Mindsong. She handed us the money and away we went. There it was on the shelf. A blue box with red lettering that said Dungeons and Dragons and an intriguing picture on the front of a fighter and magic user about to face down a dragon. The year ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 54 of 61 First ... 4445253545556 ... Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag