STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. A Few Not So Random Thoughts

I am still quite angry with the treatment of veteran's issues by Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC), and by extension the government, as I ranted about in my last post.

Even worse because of stuff like this CRAP posted by CTV News.

A few years ago, VAC couldn't cover service dogs for veterans because there was no national standard in place. Okay, so a group of stakeholders, including veterans who had been given service dogs through private charities, service animal providers, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. How to create interesting PC

There's plenty of guide on how to optimize character for most damage or utility but very few on to write a background story. Playing a rogue wearing dark cloth who is an orphan is boring.

Even orphan had parents who died for a reason, had jobs, relatives, you get adoptives parents,... but let say you do have parents, are they farmers, merchants or minor nobility.
    A son of farmers may go an adventure to get coins to help his family, he may wear the chain mail of his grandfather ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Crossroads -- Start Here

Quote Originally Posted by kalmarjan
    Okay--full disclosure

I LOVE the Fantasy Grounds product, and even though I haven't used it much these last 6 years, I've always had it installed on my desktop and laptop.
    Heck, if they had an iPhone version, I'd make the switch today. I'm not paid to do this review, the views are my own, and I just want to learn FG and share it with you.
    3.2 is here folks. I've had a chance to go through it, play a game or two with it:
  4. Fight Pit

FIGHTPIT6.jpg

The above is the battle map of a pit fight arena that I used in last Wednesday's game . At 3 o'clock and 9 are holding cells. If you are using Unity, you can do LoS on the cells to have a dramatic reveal of oppennents. At 12 and 6 are guard towers. I manned them with guards randomly aiming crossbows loaded stunning bolts to shoot combatants. (They are stunned to the end of their next turn.)There is at least one wizard posted to undo any spell that might ...

Updated March 27th, 2020 at 17:20 by mhorgunn

Tags: d&d 5e, unity
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  5. Finding a roleplaying game online in 2018 - An OpEd by Skillkoil

The popularity of VTT's (Virtual Table Tops) and being able to augment a game digitally is growing every day. I see many posts in the FG forums of players or groups of players looking for a game. Of course, we see plenty of games posted by GM/DM's as well. I think many people tend to stay in their "comfort zone" of ruleset or genre when looking for a game and this robs them from learning about other games that they may enjoy just as much or more.

Taking the Leap

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:09 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 17 First ... 89101112 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE