FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Most Popular Blogs

1. Fight Pit

FIGHTPIT6.jpg

The above is the battle map of a pit fight arena that I used in last Wednesday's game . At 3 o'clock and 9 are holding cells. If you are using Unity, you can do LoS on the cells to have a dramatic reveal of oppennents. At 12 and 6 are guard towers. I manned them with guards randomly aiming crossbows loaded stunning bolts to shoot combatants. (They are stunned to the end of their next turn.)There is at least one wizard posted to undo any spell that might ...

Updated March 27th, 2020 at 17:20 by mhorgunn

Tags: d&d 5e, unity
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images
  2. Finding a roleplaying game online in 2018 - An OpEd by Skillkoil

The popularity of VTT's (Virtual Table Tops) and being able to augment a game digitally is growing every day. I see many posts in the FG forums of players or groups of players looking for a game. Of course, we see plenty of games posted by GM/DM's as well. I think many people tend to stay in their "comfort zone" of ruleset or genre when looking for a game and this robs them from learning about other games that they may enjoy just as much or more.

Taking the Leap

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:09 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Creating Horror in Fantasy Grounds

In the interest of sparking new discussions, I've decided to start the conversation with how to create horror in VTT. Many of you know a variety of techniques to scare your players, from appropriate music and lighting to the inevitable "BOO!" moment around the table. Unfortunately, many of these techniques do not translate well to the VTT environment. How do you use mood lighting when all you can do is control screen color? Where does the "BOO!" come from if you find your ...

Updated November 14th, 2013 at 04:35 by Bubo

Categories
    Writing , Horror
  4. Play It Again, Frodo - Part 1

by , March 15th, 2014 at 17:44 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    Still confused about role-playing? Having trouble convincing your “serious” friends that you don’t dress up in a frock and wave around a foam-rubber sword? Dulux-Oz (your esteemed and humble Game Master, Ruleset/Extension Author and Tutorial Video Producer) shows how closely role-playing and literature are entwined…

My awesome assignment is to say a few words about the joys of role-playing. “Some burks out there,” mentioned our esteemed and not-so-humble Forum ...

Updated April 8th, 2016 at 06:00 by dulux-oz

Tags: comedy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Am I An Addict?

Am I an addict? Am I addicted to the endorphic pleasure that creating brings me? Is that why I do it? Is that why I do little else?

It's true that I enjoy writing code; that I enjoy solving the problems that invariable crop up in attempting to command a computer to perform new and varied tasks. I enjoy also that others think my creations are good; good enough to use and good enough to wait in anticipation for the next upgrade or the next new piece of work (although not, apparently, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 10 of 16 First ... 89101112 ... Last
STAR TREK 2d20