FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. A Belated Birthday Gift

Things have settled down gamewise. We are still playing Out of the Abyss, but currently in the middle of an adventure I have inserted into the timeline. They have been seemingly been enjoying this one as they have each night been singing my praises. It concerns an investigation of a cloistered alchemist, being worked to death by a variant of hags that since we are in what Jim calls the "Under Stank," 3 stone hags. But more of that once they have completed this quest.

I ...
  2. Mapping out the future

So my players are progressing along swimmingly through Lost Mines. At present, they are beginning their investigation of Thundertree. Now this is actually further along than it seems as they have already cleared out Cragmore Castle. They were able to convince the druid Reidoth of the urgency to rescue Rocksplitter. But more of that in later posts.

In preping for the final dungeon of Lost Mines and the clearing of Wave Echo Cave, I was reminded of the adventure hook, a mp found in ...
  3. Badges!!! ... Badges!!!

We don't need no stinkin' badges!!!

Well ... you do in my campaign ... that is if you are entering into the City of Neverwinter. You see, in my other group, in an effort to control the rowdy bands of adventurers, the city government made them become licensed and join a guild.

... The ... <ahem> ... Adventurers League. (I hope I don't get a cease and desist letter over this!)

Anyway, each group must have a charter identified by a group name ...

Updated March 26th, 2017 at 01:45 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Great Balls of Fire!!!

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!!!

Attachment 18259

It had seemed like a good idea at the time. With random encounters and such, the characters were third level. They plowed through the NPCs so easily that they gave the monsters bad dreams at night. So what's a DM to do?

The common three answers are to bump up their numbers, their hit points or the levels. And I have tried all three.

And they still keep coming.

The monsters are ...

Updated March 16th, 2017 at 13:48 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. No Bare Bones Here!!!

“Lord I am amazed at how things have mended. Cornbread is on the table now when white bread was intended.”

This little prayer that was my Great Grandfather's came to mind as this is now the THIRD subject that made it in que for this blog. It has been an eventful week, gaming wise.

Yesterday I was glad it was my Friday. I swear all that got me through the work day was the thought of playing. The party is about to start their assault on the Red Brand Hideout in “Lost ...
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
STAR TREK 2d20