FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Winter Eternal News

I really need to do more regular updates than once every couple of weeks. It has been a wild two and half weeks though, filled with a pile of good news and one tiny tidbit of not quite good news - but not really bad news either.

So first that one piece of "bad" news; until at least the end of August I have very limited availability for gaming during the night time hours and occasional time during the day. I have been working with an occupational therapist to re-acclimatize ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Reducing Copied Ruleset Script Revisited

In a previous post I detailed how I reduced duplicated lua script in my fledgling extension. Play testing the extension revealed a design error. The issue: Windows cannot resolve a folder path into a ruleset .pak file. (For background information, the reader might consider reviewing the prior post and in particular the first few comments attached to it.)

An obvious remedy for the problem is to insert .pak into the path as it is specified in the extension.xml file. I had doubts, but ...
  3. Sidebar: Map Scale - Size does matter! (Part 2 of 2)

This is a continuation of the previous post about map size. It turns out blog size is important too, and the full post exceeded the allowable size, so I had to split it. You can see part one here...

Map Area

The other factor that influences the size of a map file is the size of the area your map covers. You’ve probably already figured out that, if all other factors are equal, a map that’s 50 squares on a side is four times as large as one that’s 25
    Tags: mapping, tokens
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sidebar: Mapping Scale - Size does matter! (Part 1 of 2)

Today’s entry isn’t specifically about my group’s journey from a physical tabletop, to long hiatus, to a virtual tabletop with Fantasy Grounds. But my last post about tokens raised some points about scaling that I wanted to explore further. This will be a long post, so get something to drink, settle into a comfy chair and let’s get started.

If you frequent the Fantasy Grounds forum, you’ll see people discuss map size from time to time. Usually the discussion centers around the
    Tags: mapping, tokens
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. RPG Nostaglia

The Kickstarter edition of the classic Runequest rules just arrived and I discuss my take on RPG nostalgia and what it means for me.

http://mgpotter.com/rpg-nostalgia/
Page 43 of 61 First ... 33414243444553 ... Last
STAR TREK 2d20