FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Koil's Korner

The musings of Skillkoil about Roleplaying, GMing, Fantasy Grounds and Life in General! The views expressed in this blog are mine and mine alone. They are not endorsed, supported or regulated by SmiteWorks, Fantasy Grounds or any other entity.

1. Useful shortcuts and tips to use in Fantasy Grounds

This is a list of useful "Tips & Tricks" for the Fantasy Grounds VTT, contributed by users on the forums. I tried to credit everyone who provided anything on the list. You can find the original post stickied in The Tavern.

*Dragging the "Next Actor / End Turn" button from the Combat Tracker to a hotkey.
    Especially useful for players who may not always have the Combat Tracker open.

*Dragging Damage/Healing/Attack Rolls/Spell Saves from chat ...

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:09 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A "Love Letter" to Wizard's First Rule and the Sword of Truth Series. With Regrets..

I don't know if you have ever heard of a man named Terry Goodkind or a set of books he began in the 1990's with his frist entry: Wizard's First Rule

I was 14 when I read WFR for the first time. I was intrigued by the entire book and especially by the quote from Zedd, “People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.” Like most books, yes even fantasy, Goodkind had a philisophical message that he teased ...

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:08 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Finding a roleplaying game online in 2018 - An OpEd by Skillkoil

The popularity of VTT's (Virtual Table Tops) and being able to augment a game digitally is growing every day. I see many posts in the FG forums of players or groups of players looking for a game. Of course, we see plenty of games posted by GM/DM's as well. I think many people tend to stay in their "comfort zone" of ruleset or genre when looking for a game and this robs them from learning about other games that they may enjoy just as much or more.

Taking the Leap

Updated September 19th, 2018 at 08:09 by Skillkoil

Categories
    Uncategorized
STAR TREK 2d20