FG Spreadshirt Swag
View RSS Feed

Minty23185Fresh

1. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Share the Combat Map

I will explain how I have set up my Fantasy Grounds development environment to make it easier for me to go into the rulesets, edit them and observe how it affects FG.

Detour: As a prospective content developer you must be familiar with the Windows (or whatever OS you’re using) folder or directory structure and you must know how to manipulate it: make folders, copy and rename files, create shortcuts, etc. I am assuming that you have this knowledge.

Nobody enjoys, End ...

Updated May 18th, 2016 at 01:56 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Gather Your Weapons

This time I’ll talk about information: Smiteworks online documents and web pages, outside web sites, coding tutorials, and code editors.

Detour: In this and future blog posts I will mark little excursions into off topic or background information with a “Detour”. This time it will be the typical disclaimer: All recommendations made by me, are simply that, mine. They in no way reflect the opinions or policies of Smiteworks nor are they endorsements by Smiteworks.

Fantasy ...

Updated May 5th, 2016 at 23:28 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - What is Extensibility? Why is it Important?

One can look up “extensibility” on line and get some lengthy explanations. The concept and implementation of extensibility is complicated, but the meaning boils down to this: a principle or methodology of software design that allows for the program to be added to (extended) without having to modify the fundamental program. In other words, you can kludge things on!

Let’s take an example, the simple shovel. It is usable by many different kinds of people. Gardeners, ditch diggers, ...
  4. A Neophyte Tackles the FG Extension - Allow Me to Introduce Myself

It seems as though the place to start a new blog is with an introduction by the blogger. My name is Tom. I live in Reno, Nevada (western US). I have written programs in a variety of environments, market sectors, and genres since 1977. I’ve written programs in machine code, and in at least 6 or 7 different languages. They’ve included simple games, modeling magma bodies in the earth’s crust, completing forms and health insurance claims, and slot machine pay verification. What do I hope to accomplish ...

Updated May 4th, 2016 at 07:37 by Minty23185Fresh

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
DICE PACKS BUNDLE