STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Formally known as the Ghohlborn's Lair ...

As the party left the goblin bard behind entertaining at the Shattered Spire, I knew they would have high expectations of finding upon their return, Gracklstaugh in ruins. Where the self proclaimed King of the Goblins squats, chaos flows. Droop is the goblin from the Lost Mines of Phandelver, who in our campaign found a ring on Glasstaff's bedroom table which was a ring of the Djinn. He used it to wish he was so rich, he defecated platinum. Two pieces a day.

Funny what you can look ...

Updated November 15th, 2017 at 00:29 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Belated Birthday Gift

Things have settled down gamewise. We are still playing Out of the Abyss, but currently in the middle of an adventure I have inserted into the timeline. They have been seemingly been enjoying this one as they have each night been singing my praises. It concerns an investigation of a cloistered alchemist, being worked to death by a variant of hags that since we are in what Jim calls the "Under Stank," 3 stone hags. But more of that once they have completed this quest.

I ...
  3. The road to hell ...

Is paved with good intentions.

Whoops it's been awhile.

Sorry. Work has changed for me and the new schedule has upset the time I set up for everything. Throw in vacation, trying to keep up with my DMing duties and an art project or two ... well ... here we are ... back again.

In our game we are still going through Out of the Abyss. And that is exactly what they want ... out of the Abyss. This has been a rough patch. Maybe I hit them too hard. They were ...

Updated October 17th, 2017 at 16:43 by mhorgunn

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. It's Good To Be The King!

Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
    Shakespeare's play Henry IV, Part 2

How do you feel about players who's character's background is the noble? It can be fun. Are the characters role played as entitled fools who must come to term with the reality of having to exist among the common people. It can be a great hook to center the character on. And I usually don't have a problem with this. I mean ... old school ... that was part of the game. A fighter reached a certain ...
  5. Can you lance this boil?

So here is a page that I brought up from the old book "Chainmail" This is one of the Granddaddies of D&D. Published in 1971, it was created by Gary Gygax and Jeff Perren and was an early miniature game that contained a fantasy section. One of my favorite parts was the page on jousting. I use to use this in my campaigns that two of my players use to play in. I think how I will run this in Fantasy Grounds is call for the players to input their two choices of their aiming point and defensive ...
    Tags: d&d 5e, jousting
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
DICE PACKS BUNDLE