DICE PACKS BUNDLE
View RSS Feed

MooCow

1. Lots and lots of easy stuff

The way that I've tackled this project, seems to be a good approach: You do what you feel that you can handle. Usually that means that you do the easy stuff and the groundwork.

...and the easy stuff isn't to be underestimated. Usually that amounts to a lot of work. I'm still not done with the easiest stuff, like creating and aligning page 2. Most people underestimate projects. They'll go "I have this amazing idea for a game, and now I just need to make it. I know how, and so ...

Updated January 6th, 2020 at 14:46 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Back at it again

Overcame two of the biggest hurdles with the sheet, at least so far: Margins and the "•" sign on the labels.
    Next up is a matter of design - retagging and realigning the whole thing, and then I've got my rudimentary beta sheet.

After that, there's four hurdles:
    - The attribute frames.
    - Displaying the portrait again.
    - Trying to implement the dice rules.
    - The damage bonus/malus automation.

...and after that I'm done.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Starting to give up

Entertainment is a horrible poison of the mind. It wastes your time with escapism, as garbage, mould and rot builds up around you, and your body becomes feeble and malnourished.
    We have buried our society in so much entertainment, that its diet isn't mainly human souls any longer, but other forms of entertainment. We have created a monster like a shark, who will eat its own children, and we worship it, because we're nothing but junkies at heart.

...and so that's my case for ...

Updated January 4th, 2020 at 15:51 by MooCow

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Took the day off.

I think I've figured out what I was doing wrong for the margins, but I've taken a break this whole day to play a computer game that just keeps on going and going. (The first game was short, but the sequel seems twice as long and boring. I'm skipping dialogue like crazy.)

I have a sort of deadline now, of early February, that I'm hoping to keep, despite of progress having been ground to a halt these last few days. I'm planning to get the core features in place - the second page, for ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Figuring out margins

I'm at my wits end with trying to add margins to a label. Offset is made for making margins, but they don't work properly with backcolor, so I'll probably have to do some scripting. I think the solution finally nears, though, and that actual progress will be made.

I tore some nerve in my pinkie finger yesterday. I still have diminshed feeling in it. A bit worrying, but I've healed such things before. A human bit me there once, trying to get loose. I used to live by "asking questions ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag