STAR TREK 2d20

Blog Comments

Dulux-oz, you're a kindred spirit. I chronicled all of my groups adventures in narrative form when we went through the Dragonlance campaign. My players enjoyed them very much. D&D can inspire so much more too. I made some video slideshows set to Dragonforce music (a melodic speed metal band), also made a soundtrack for the campaign, picking out songs that were relevant to each of my players. Yeah, geeky I know, but I like my campaigns very epic with grand storylines. I want to make my campaigns very "cinematic" for my players. I think in terms of the DM being the director of the story while the players are your actors, helping the DM tell his story. I unashamedly used elements of all the wonderful stories that influenced me growing up in my campaigns...Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Star Wars, Edgar Allen Poe, ect...the soundtrack mentioned above was music from Led Zeppelin, Queen and Meat Loaf. These are artists trying to do the same thing...tell a story through music. So yeah, D&D is so much more than just rolling dice. So much more than just "get quest, kill monsters, get treasure and level up" like many of the MMO's have turned into. D&D is, like Shrek said, " like onions." It has layers. You just have to peel them back.
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
DICE PACKS BUNDLE