STAR TREK 2d20
View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. The Power Dynamics In RPG Gaming Groups

An incident occurred recently (that I won't go in to) that has caused me to think long and hard about the power dynamics of a role-playing gaming group. Being of a philosophic bent, I've decided to write down my mental deliberations and see if others come to the same conclusions as I have. So here goes.

RPG groups are not Democracies[1]. They may appear to be Democracies on the surface, and they may even strive to act like Democracies in practice, but they are not. They are also not ...

Updated March 7th, 2018 at 07:11 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Why I Oppose Paid Games

by , September 29th, 2017 at 14:27 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    First of all, this is not aimed at any one individual or group of individuals. Instead, it is an explanation of my views on an activity, not on the people who engage in that activity.

For the record, when I use the term "paid game" I am referring to RPG sessions where the Players pay the GM to run the game for them.

As the title of this blog indicates I am opposed to paid games. I find the idea... distasteful, even cheap. While I hold no ill will to those ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. DC 12 Craft Check - Part 2

by , September 18th, 2016 at 06:10 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    In the first part of this article I discussed the basic construction of a set of Dice Trays which I gave to my Players for Christmas a few years back. In this part I'm going to give Step-By-Step instructions on how to construct the Dice Tray, along with the Materials List. So here goes.

Note: All measurements are in millimeters. Measurements need to be exact, so measure each one twice before cutting, gluing, etc. Read through these instructions fully before starting so that you understand ...

Updated September 18th, 2016 at 06:23 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Division Of Spoils

by , September 16th, 2016 at 06:12 (From The *Somewhat Twisted* Mind Of Dulux-Oz)
    Recently a discussion was had on the Forums about how people divide up treasure. I won't bore you with the full details (you can read it here if you're interested) but I thought I'd elaborate more fully here on the method I outlined there on the thread. But first, a small detour to set things up.

How characters organise themselves into parties is many and varied, but over the years (I've been playing and GMing since 1982) I've noticed that almost all parties tend to organise themselves ...

Updated September 20th, 2016 at 08:36 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. DC 12 Craft Check - Part 1

Reading Doug's post on dice inspired me to write about a nice Christmas gift I gave each of my players a few years back.

At the time we were a face-to-face group, and as so often happens in such a setting our gaming table was often overflowing with paper, pencils, rule books, minatures, dice, snacks, drinks... you name it - and I have an old "Board Room" Conference Table as my gaming table, and it was still overflowing! Suffice it to say, dice would go everywhere when we ...

Updated September 17th, 2016 at 02:47 by dulux-oz

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
FG Spreadshirt Swag